Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 16605 times)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Guild Wars 2
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:10:20 am »
To prevent Hijacking another thread I have created this one. Since the release of some concept art and a trailer, my anticipation for this game has skyrocketed.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2
Art: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/art/

It is based off of a timeline 250 years after the events of the original Guild Wars series.

The graphics are a slight step up from the original game's expansion, Eye of the North, and a good 50 steps ahead of their first release of Prophecies back in 2005.

Many new additions are being added to the game to improve on the original, but many of the good aspects are being kept as well.

A few of the gameplay differences other than the obvious (different races etc.) is the night/day effect and the increase in scale in the game enviroments.

Up until now the game has had no information released on it, so many people thought the project was "vaporware" and wasn't giving into the hype other people were getting. But now that they are releasing more information, concept art and in-game footage, perhaps more people will become excited about this game as well :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:26:46 am by Chronologix »

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:57:50 am »
So now all we l33t GW players are massing to get shitloads of destroyer cores so that we can build a destroyer weapon and thus get some small worthless but unique trinket in GW2.

I'll take a week off from work when they release GW2.
If they keep all things that was awesome from GW2 and just add new graphics and shit it'll be awesome.

I'll play Azura airmage/monk.

Offline CapnGarrett

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »
I uninstalled GW ages ago, but my character's still in waiting for number 2.

I forgot all about it but now I can't wait  :o

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 02:13:03 am »
As long as my friends and I can still get together with necromancer warriors in sexy black armor I'm all for Guild Wars 2.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 02:23:15 am »
As long as my friends and I can still get together with necromancer warriors in sexy black armor I'm all for Guild Wars 2.

my first character in GW was a N/W and i thought it was the shit, until I found out it wasn't :P

there is a viable N/W pvp build now though, using Barbs and Hundred Blades :/

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:45:45 am »
I haven't managed to build a good pure paragon pvp build yet. =/
Wonder if GW2 will even have paragon.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 03:08:32 am »
I haven't managed to build a good pure paragon pvp build yet. =/
Wonder if GW2 will even have paragon.

There are plenty of good para builds. and as for if GW2 will...not sure, it is one of the least played classes in GW1. But in the trailer there is one character that is wearing purple armor that look really close to current paragon style armor.

You could always help me level mine...I have had little-to-no interest playing it and its only lvl7 :/

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:10:10 am »
my first character in GW was a N/W and i thought it was the shit, until I found out it wasn't :P

I haven't played since they started releasing expansions but N/Ws had no problems in PvP back then. They could stomp all over the fighters and casters with blood magic + melee. They sucked pretty bad at PvE though.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:45:47 am »

I haven't played since they started releasing expansions but N/Ws had no problems in PvP back then. They could stomp all over the fighters and casters with blood magic + melee. They sucked pretty bad at PvE though.

ya, it would be ill-advised to bring a low armor target into the frontlines in PvE, but there are alot of PvE necro builds that are N/Rt that can walk through alot of areas now.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 06:59:20 am »
I would have liked to have played again to try an assassin but I know how that would end up. Eternal struggle to decide between primary assassin or necromancer chick. DAMN THEM FOR BEING THE SEXY CHARACTERS!

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:06 am »
I would have liked to have played again to try an assassin but I know how that would end up. Eternal struggle to decide between primary assassin or necromancer chick. DAMN THEM FOR BEING THE SEXY CHARACTERS!

that is why you make both....i have one of every class + 1 pvp slot for whatever ails me. lots of character slots.

Actually come to think of it, I happen to have 2 necros...no idea why
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:06:12 am by Chronologix »

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:02 am »
I cannot be bothered to deal with multiple characters. Too much effort. Also too much money needed for all that black dye.

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:01 am »
There is one reason to create new chars and that is if you have crossbuilds like my para/rite.
If you by any chance have a.. what's it called.. a book that unlocks a rare skill if you have found it on another toon.
Well, that's where it becones handy to have multiple toons.
Also, if you unlock the rare skills your heroes can use them.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 02:38:33 am »
There is one reason to create new chars and that is if you have crossbuilds like my para/rite.
If you by any chance have a.. what's it called.. a book that unlocks a rare skill if you have found it on another toon.
Well, that's where it becones handy to have multiple toons.
Also, if you unlock the rare skills your heroes can use them.

You can unlock skills for heroes through PvP too, as well as you can use the coins from the new Zaishen daily quests to buy tomes that can unlock specific profession skills for that character.

As for black dye...its not that bad, my warrior has 9 sets of elite armor, 3/4 of which is dyed white. and I still manage to have just under 1 mil gold in my storage. If you need any other type of dye let me know, i have anywhere from 15-30 of every color except white and black.

Having multiple characters also opens your farming range, so you can level one character purely for farming (dont need black dye to farm :p) and make all the money on it, buy black, send to your main char.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 01:50:44 am »
I would never farm nor will I endure any sort of grind. When a game becomes work instead of fun thats the end for me. I'm guessing the price of black dye has dropped off considerably since the early days when everyone needed it for new characters. It was /extremely/ expensive back then. It was even worse in the beta with the regular pwipes keeping the price higher. So much so it was far easier to give $5 to some chinese gold farmer who would deliver you 100k gold or whatever the exchange was back then.

As for the elite armor ...Unless they introduced new necro sets since I quit they were all ugly compared to the last set at droknars - the one on the games box art with the female necro. Not worth the gold other than for epeen wagging if you care about that sort of thing in my opinion. The only /maybe/ better set was on the NPC necromancer in pre-searing and (iirc) the sanitarium afterwards which was sadly unobtainable.

(dont need black dye to farm :p)
Any character I look at needs black dye. Number one rule of RPGs: Find sexy gear, ignore stats because the good stuff is always ugly.