Author Topic: Your favourite drinks  (Read 20617 times)

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
Your favourite drinks
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:40:53 am »
In celebration of my current rather inebriated state (it started off as an attempt to kill off the viruses brewing inside me, don't ask.... damn cold), I have decided to create this thread.

Please share your favourite poisons, whether it contains alcohol or not. Bonus points will be awarded for particularly tasty concoctions. Drinkability is a requirement; please don't supply actual poisons. I will possibly hate you to death for that.

I'll start off with me drink of choice. Whisky! Not WhiskEY, WhiskY. From Scotland. Any other varieties don't count in my book, and if you even so much as mention Jack Daniels (it smells of bananas ffs!), you automatically fail in my book.

Torpy got me hooked onto whisky a while ago, and now I'm quite the snob: only the finest scotch single malt will do :P  i can heartily recommend the Balvenie lineup; my personal favourite is the Balvenie Portwood - 21 years of awesomeness stored in a port cask.

As for mixed drinks, I'm partial to the Long Island Iced Tea - it's easy on the stomach, tasty, and contains a shitload of alcohol.

Beer? Meh, I'm rather picky. I prefer the darker ones, like the Wychwood lineup of ales and stuff. Hobgoblin and Circlemaster are favourite. Guinness and Kilkennys work fine too... except that sometimes it feels like ya have to eat'em with a spoon.

Wine - I prefer the fruitier, more full-bodied ones. I've never been a fan of the excessively dry ones. Red over white any day (Merlot ftw), but a chilled Riesling white is fucking awesome on a hot summer day, possibly with prawns and white bread as a light meal on the side.

Share yer tips, tricks and secret recipes here! In the words of the wise people over at 4chan, DO IT FAGGOT!

* WereVolvo ambles drunkenly off to bed.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Re: Your favourite drinks
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:24:28 am »
you should try a vanilla flavored alcohol (i used to use Rum...but they stopped selling it here, so I changed to vodka) mixed with Sunny Delight....ya i know, its way too easy to put down, but w/e

But always Rum + Coke is my vice (dark double)

and as for non-alc, Pepsi + Dr.Pepper 50/50 tastes oddly like Cherry Coke -.- no idea how that happened, but an incredibly addictive cola.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:50:05 am »
Water.

And also milkshakes.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
At the moment heiniken, then grolsch, jupiler and becks.

Whiskeys, Jack Daniels, and Glenn Fiddilsh(w/e) Jameson for mixes

Bacardi lemon and coke is also a all time favorite

And Scrobbelaer ofc

http://documenten.eftelist.nl/dvh/fotos/preview/schrobbeler.jpg

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 04:23:04 pm »
Gin gin!

Well, I pretty much like all types of alcohol I've tried thus far, but here are my favourites:

Gin & tonic, which is probably my all time favourite mixed drink. I mostly drink beer and whisky though, so I'll just move straight to those.

I like Irish and Scottish whisky, blended and single malts both. Best whisky I've tried by far is probably Balvenie Doublewood, 12 year old single malt. What's special about it is that it has been first matured in an oak barrel for six years, and then in an sherry barrel for another six. Extremely tasty.

As for beers, I favour dark ones but I pretty much like all types of beer there is. Shepherd Neame's Spitfire is probably my favourite at the moment, followed by Newcastle Brown Ale, Guinness, Fuller's IPA, Leffe Brune/blonde, and such things.

Also I rather like extra dry apple ciders, namely Strongbow, Crowmoore and Green Goblin.

Spiral out, keep going

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »
I like your choices, Wiinis. Balvenie Doublewood is rather nice - and if you like that, you really should try the Portwood once. 21 years of awesomeness, matured in a port cask. With matching price tag, of course, but hey - it's absolutely worth it.

I've only tasted gin&tonic a couple of times myself (courtesy of Torp), but I find it very drinkable, although not in huge quantities :). As for ciders, well - Green Goblin is good, but extremely hard to obtain around here. I've only spotted it once, which was when I bought it.

Looking forward to christmas, when I'm gonna buy me some Bah Humbug, Wychwood's christmas ale. Heard it's supposed to be rather good stuff, according to a friend of mine.

<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:01:35 am »
I like your choices, Wiinis. Balvenie Doublewood is rather nice - and if you like that, you really should try the Portwood once. 21 years of awesomeness, matured in a port cask. With matching price tag, of course, but hey - it's absolutely worth it.

I'll keep that in mind, always intrested in trying new whisky. Another one I should try sometime (and it's a downright disgrace that I haven't) is Laphroaig single malt. It's just so darn expensive, even the 10 years old variety. But it's supposed to be one of the most strongly flavoured whiskys there is.

I've only tasted gin&tonic a couple of times myself (courtesy of Torp), but I find it very drinkable, although not in huge quantities :). As for ciders, well - Green Goblin is good, but extremely hard to obtain around here. I've only spotted it once, which was when I bought it.

I've only tried the Green Goblin once myself, one of the local bars around here has it. Never seen it anywhere else though. :p

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 08:26:11 am »
Smirnoff Vodka straight. Drank a bit with 5 other friends the other day, I was the only one who liked it straight. D: Everyone else chased it with Cranberry.

'Root Beer Float' - Root Beer Schnapps, Milk, and possibly Vanilla Dr. McGillicuddy's. It sounds terrible, but oh my fucking God it is it delicious. Maybe even put a little whip cream on top. <3

While I was in England, I was introduced to Mojitos. A rather 'Feminine' drink? It's amazing. And a.. Froo Woo. xD Basically a Cranberry (I believe) version of a Mojito.

Ant introduced me to Rum&Coke which is pretty good, but I'm fairly certain you've all heard of that.

Gin and Tonic (Water) - It's a fucking liquid Christmas Tree, I swear. It tastes a lot better than it sounds.

Beer - Leinenkugel. Prolly the best beer I've ever had. Doesn't make me gag. :D

Can't stand Whiskey, really.

Oh and, Diet Coke. And Bawls. <3
Quote from: Still Not Fiindil
Annie, you ain't fucking human.

Smeagol

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »
Glenlivet and Glenfiddich

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
To take a line from a good movie

"I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, mmm mmmm mmm, down into my belly"

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 02:41:12 pm »
Jack & Coke is always win but I also love...

Caribulou: 151, coconut rum, and pineapple juice.

Mountain Dew (or Bawls, preferably cherry) and Vodka.

Irish car bombs: drop shot of Baileys into half-full glass of Guinness (The only thing Guinness is good for IMO)

White Russian: vodka, Kahlua, and cream or milk (replace cream/milk with Baileys for my version of Black Russian)

Beer: Samuel Adam's (Boston Lager and Summer Brew), Fat Tire, Blue Moon, and Dos Equis with lime.

non-alc: Mother-fucking chocolate milk... and AriZona Tea.

Offline Niccho

• Trying is the first step towards failure
    • -Niccho-
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 07:26:46 pm »
Now lets see.

Alcoholic:

Screwdriver
White Russian
Vodka + Dr Pepper
Vodka Tonic
Gin Tonic
Wine (preferably red)
Lapin Kulta BEER!

and non alcoholic:

Dr Pepper
Coca Cola
Tonic water

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 10:05:19 pm »
I enjoy almost any non-sweet liquor straight. Of course, whisky tops the list of wonderful booze. I enjoy most Scotch single malts, favourites right now include Ardbeg Uigeadail and Laphroaig 16 un-chillfiltered. Also, I have aquired a taste for Japanese whiskies. I have a bottle of Hakushu 10 that is most exquisite.
[snobbery and bragging]
I just moved to Gothenburg from Stockholm, and I got two exclusive whiskies from my brothers and some friends. I haven't tasted them yet, but I'm quite sure I'll like them. One is a 13 years old limited Springbank, un-chillfiltered, sold exclusively in Sweden and limited to 616 bottles. The other is a bottle of 25 years old Port Ellen, exclusive as hell as the distillery no longer exists. The bottle cost around €180.
[/snobbery and bragging]

I also enjoy most kinds of beer. My favourite by far is Innis & Gunn Island Cask (released in limited batches, different kind of beer every time, only sold in Sweden) second edition. It's a stout of such complexity that it out-tastes most fine whiskies. I am convinced it is the best beer in the world. I have two bottles left that I'd save for my 50th birthday or something like that if it weren't for the fact that they have an expiry date.
Other than that, I like Innis & Gunn's regular Oak Aged and Shenkerla Rauchbier.
If we're talking regular lager I like Tsingtao, Kirin Ichiban, Beck's, Jupiler and Olvi Tuplapukki.

I'm not much of a long drink person, but I enjoy shots a lot. My personal favorite is literally spicing a normal straight shot up with some extra hot chili, such as something from the Blair's line.

Right now I'm drinking a rather large glass of The Ileach, a cheap but rather nice Scotch whisky.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 12:22:29 am »
I saw the Big Lebowski last night

And i now know what a white russian is

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 01:13:11 am »
I saw the Big Lebowski last night

And i now know what a white russian is

Damn near my favorite movie of all time. Such a good movie.