Author Topic: New Powerman 5000 stuff.  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
New Powerman 5000 stuff.
« on: August 03, 2009, 09:51:16 am »
(inc wall of text. tl;dr click links at bottom, listen, express opinions, etc)

So it's been a little over ten years since PM5K put out their platinum-selling record Tonight the Stars Revolt! and quite possibly the one with their most-known tracks (When Worlds Collide, Nobody's Real, etc) and after they pulled Anyone For Doomsday? from releasing, their momentum has gone down along with their popularity. Transform and Destroy What You Enjoy were pretty big jumps from their spacey, electronic metal that got their claim to fame and it's critically acclaimed that these two albums were pretty horrible. I'll admit, DWYE wasn't their best work. At all. Since then, nobody's really cared about them save for a few die-hard fans.

They've released two new songs (Super Villain and V is for Vampire) on iTunes and Amazon.com that pretty much got nothing but positive feedback from older listeners and the naysayers. It sounds like they're going back to those days and with the revealing of their new album titled 'Somewhere On the Other Side of Nowhere' due on 10/06/09 and with it brought three new tracks. They did a radio interview a few days ago and they whipped out three brand new tracks that have got pretty awesome feedback.

I'm excited for said album and I'll be buying it the day of, here are some of the tracks that have made their way to YouTube so far (high quality for awesome):

"Super Villain"

"V is for Vampire

"Show Me What You Got"

"Make Us Insane"

"Timebomb"

With this, I'm all for saying that PM5K's back.

Penny for your thoughts?
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: New Powerman 5000 stuff.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:36:21 pm »
I think what changed is that their first album was produced by Spider's brother, Rob Zombie, and so it had a LOT of his influence in the music, whereas the other were not, to my knowledge.

Maybe he's back, now?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:30 am »
Nah, I wouldn't think so at least. The last thing Rob did with PM5K was extra vocals in a song they did ten years ago (Blastoff to Nowhere). Spider actually did an interview with him at ComicCon for Fearnet and he's been busy working on Halloween 2 and other things.

I wouldn't say that SOTOSON will be nowhere near as funky as their first album.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:54 pm »
I liked Transform the most. The first album in which Spider actually did sing, not just pretend to be singing.