Author Topic: New Nightwish Vocalist & Song  (Read 9654 times)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: New Nightwish Vocalist & Song
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:15:22 pm »
I guess I'll have to give this a listen when I get home. I hadn't heard... :\

Lysix

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:17:22 pm »
I guess I'll have to give this a listen when I get home. I hadn't heard... :\

And where have you been? :(

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 10:26:51 pm »
Well, I had been around just not posting alot. Just busy, I guess. I was still here, though.

The last week or so though I've been totally unplugged other than work. Going through something kind of personal and stressful. Was roomed with a friend of mine whom, without warning, got pregnant - married, and moved out. Now, it wasn't my girlfriend or anything - just a room mate... but the fact is I was in a 3 bedroom apartment because she already had a kid. This happened about two months ago. Since then, I've been struggling to make sure I can pay for it until the lease is up because she decided she didnt want to pay anymore. Unfortunately the law is it's both our responsibilities, and either it gets paid or it doesn't and we both suffer, regardless of what I do.

Today is the first day I can sigh some relief, since I signed her off the lease and she gave me a little cash. The best news is I get to keep her deposit now, so that will help. Only two more months there, so if I can make that I'll get a rather large sum of money to compensate me at the end of the lease. It's just meant alot of overtime for me...

I've also been doing double work, sort of. The company I work for is made up of several departments and I use to be in another one, they needed help so I've been covering for them as well as working my regular stuff. The overtime I've been able to get since this started two months ago or whatever has helped pull me through it, but its draining after a while I guess. :P

Now I can relax a bit though, shes off the lease and no longer a concern. I have three paychecks coming in June instead of 2 (love that bi-weekly stuff). Last night I decided to hook both computers up and network them with Synergy (control two computers with one keyboard/mouse dual monitor style) and I'm thinking about doing some dual-boxing in WoW :). Got a three day weekend (omg, more than one day off. YAYAYAYAYA!) coming because of memorial day. Yarz!

Anywho... Yas, off-topic, but I was really looking forward to the new nightwish thing. Sounds like alot of people are dissapointed eh?

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 01:19:06 am »
Personally, i dont think you can replace the original lead singer of a band. Just ruins things. :(

some other exceptions (which i think are for the best):
Stratovarius
Pokolgep
Gamma Ray
Dropkick Murphys

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 01:48:49 am »
Listened to Eva.. quite like it to be fair. But then I wasn't a fan of their earlier stuff, only album I really liked was Once.
DRAMA

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 07:39:43 pm »
Seven days to the wolves
Master Passion Greed
Amaranth

I find the first extract pretty boring, but the two other ones are nice. Some Oceanborn mood. That wakes my interest for the band up.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 10:32:36 pm »
I have a hard time getting past the new vocalist's voice, Marco's awful voice and the Once like riffs. Meh, not feeling the Oceanborn 'mood' you mentioned in this.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 11:19:02 pm »
It was.. average. Nothing special.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 02:00:54 am »
Seven days to the wolves
Master Passion Greed
Amaranth

Over way around for me, loved the first one but the others were nothing special, but still good.
DRAMA

Offline Mirdin

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:33:13 pm »
I know it´s a little bit late *cough* but I bought Dark Passion Play. Never really listened to Nightwish before. Awesome stuff! "Cadence of her last breath" and "Whoever brings the night"
are really cool. Now I think to buy one of the older albums can you recommend one?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 12:25:04 am »
I usually say start from the beginning with any band but I do have a soft spot for Oceanborn. Listening to earlier Nightwish may utterly annihilate any appreciation you have for the new Nightwish.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Mirdin

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 02:52:15 pm »
Oh I haven´t read you comment. I have now Once, I thought I buy first the newer albums.
There are some good songs on it but I don´t like the old singer don´t know why (too much epicness is too much). But the music is very good.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 11:15:19 pm »
Once is terrible compared to the earlier albums.

Offline a sad cow

• this really grows on you
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 07:02:12 am »
Last of the Wilds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIz0KCq1YA is worthwhile (the only instrumental on the album).

Although the new singer doesn't quite match up to Tarja, she's still got good technique. For as big of a deal as a lead singer switch is, I'd prefer the band change it's name, but I respect that someone other than the lead singer is the head of the band.

Also, the music video for Bye Bye Beautiful is rather clever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdhXxxWREo
a sad cow = 'all singing all dancing crap of the world'