Author Topic: I'M LEAVING YOU ALL BOOHOO  (Read 5661 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: I'M LEAVING YOU ALL BOOHOO
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 08:32:13 pm »
We actually have to make a website (a Wiki) detailing the trip, so rather than post all the pictures I don't have here, I'll simply link you guys to it when we're done.

Highlights:

- Saw about 70 whales on a whale watch (and one Harbor Seal)
- Rode 26 miles on a bike (my ass still hurts)
- Went to the Province Lands, which are basically beach/desert (there are cacti growing there) and I could see the ocean in front of me and on three sides
- Saw a shitload of ocean wildlife in a rocky tidal pool (whole class found 41 species in total)
- Went hiking through an Atlantic Cedar swamp, which was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life
- Visited the location of the first transatlantic morse code transmission (and got awesome pictures)
- Saw a kid run full tilt down a 70 foot sand dune and crash at the bottom :D

It was a really awesome trip. It was a "just when you think you know nature" moment. I thought I knew all about Massachusetts... well, now I know how wrong I was. Cape Cod is an extremely amazing blend of ecosystems, and I now have a new respect for the area and its history, which dates back to the very beginnings of America as a country.

I also have new respect for campers. There were some painful moments on that trip. :P

Welcome back =)

:)
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: I'M LEAVING YOU ALL BOOHOO
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:16 pm »
Welcome back! Glad you had fun and even pried your mind open a little more :D
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner