Author Topic: Forum CYOA: Mercenary  (Read 29406 times)

Offline Caranfin

Re: Forum CYOA: Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:07 pm »
The complicated stuff is over when we've decided on the current issues. Then it's to the pretty simple decisions of "wtf will you do?". :P

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:03 pm »
Sirix if you go on irc Quakenet #masucyoa then there will be someone around to help you catch up + let you know wtf is going on.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:04 pm »
If anyone is wondering about the current voting situation, 2 and B have both three votes, while the other choices have none. So unless the situation changes drastically, you're going to be giving 10% of the looted valuables to every member of the party, taking 20% yourself, and putting 30% to a common purse. Formation will be Kimhren on point and Haq-Ilar second point. Rest of the party is together, but Ste've is a bit ahead of them.

You also seem to agree that the main group should carry most if not all of your equipment, but you haven't told me the specifics. Do you want to go into more detail on equipment carrying or shall I have your main group carry it however they please?

Only aka has commented on the wages so far, so that's one vote for everyone getting their own money, and no other suggestions. I'll need more votes on this before it's decided.

As for the returning formation, the missions will be varied and it wouldn't make sense for me to automatically have your group in the "returning from mission" formation if there are no enemies to be going away from. It would also needlessly slow down the game if I had to ask which formation you want to use every time you go somewhere. Formation B will be your default formation, which you will use unless you specially tell me you want to do something else.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:17:49 pm by Caranfin »

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:01 pm »
Each with their own wage is good!
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 08:24:22 am »
Yeah, they should be able to buy some drinks and party little with their own wages. It would be ok to do more specific inventories to party but I think that we need some sort of inventory of gear first.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »
Each with their own wage! Equipment... well, I'm for letting them carry it however they please.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:57 pm »
Alright, that's decided then. Here's a summary of your group so far:

The Group

Ste've

Very perceptive
Levelheaded
Agile
Reasonably fit

Proficient archer
Proficient swordsman
Proficient tracker
Proficient animal handler
Proficient appraiser

Wealth: 18 grams of silver
Common purse: Empty

Clothing and armour: Woolen underarmour coat, long mail haubergeon, leather boots, rough cotton trousers and shirt
Weapons: Hunting bow and 24 arrows, steel claymore, steel knife
Other equipment: Thick blanket, 6-litre waterskin, A week's worth of travel food (6kg), 2 wooden 10-litre water containers

Rielna

Highly intelligent
Very perceptive
Reasonably dextrous
Very bad constitution

Proficient halberd user
Proficient liar
Proficient persuader
Proficient doctor
Cook
Archaeologist

Clothing and armour: Rough cotton trousers and shirt, tough leather vest, leather boots
Weapons: Steel halberd, steel knife
Other equipment: Medicine shoulderbag, thick blanket, 6-litre waterskin, travel food (6kg)

Kimhren

Extremely perceptive,
Highly dextrous
Agile
Intelligent
Almost impossibly weak-willed

proficient crossbow-woman
proficient with a dagger
stealthy
climber
decent liar

Clothing and armour: Soft leather boots, dark green cotton shirt and pants, greenish brown scarf
Weapons: Special crossbow and 20 bolts, stiletto, rondel
Other equipment: 5m of fine rope, small steel grappling hook, 6 litre waterskin, 4 days of travel food (3kg)

"Crazy" Douglas

Almost impossibly intelligent
Highly dextrous
Very agile
Fit
Bad perception

Proficient steam physicist
Proficient engineer
Proficient electrician
Proficient juggler
Proficient quarterstaff user

Clothing and armour: Tattered fine cotton trousers and shirt, tattered fine leather vest, leather sandals
Weapons: Quarterstaff, two prototype incendiary bombs, steel knife
Other equipment: A bunch of electronics tools, some paper, ink, pen, 5 leather balls, thick blanket, 6-litre waterskin, a week of travel food, iron pots and pans, a 10-litre water container

Haq-ilar Nabar

Very strong
Not too bright

Proficient sneaker
Proficient hider
Proficient lockpicker
Proficient pickpocket
Proficient brawler

Clothing and armour: Dirty brown cotton shirt and trousers, light leather shoes
Weapons: Steel dagger
Other equipment: Lockpicks, lock oil, 2 thick blankets, 6-litre waterskin, 1,5 weeks of travel food (10kg)

Sehra

Almost impossibly intelligent
Pretty dextrous.
Not very strong

Proficient craftswoman (wood, stone, leather)
Craftswoman (bone)
Proficient metalsmith
Dagger user
Buckler user

Clothing and armour: Dirty cotton shirt and trousers, heavy leather boots, dirty leather vest, steel buckler
Weapons: Long steel dagger
Other equipment: Crafts-tools, 20 metal arrowheads, bone pieces, thick blanket, 6-litre waterskin, a week of travel food

Default travel formation

Kimhren as lead scout, Haq-Ilar is 5-20m from Kimhren (maintaining line of view), the rest of the group follows at 10-30m from Haq-Ilar with Ste've slightly ahead of Douglas, who is around 2m ahead of Rielna and Sehra.

Code: [Select]
                                                                 x    x
 x         5-20m            x            10-30m                   x   x

Loot division

Ste've gets 20% of valuables, rest of party gets 10%. 30% go to common purse. Equipment given to the ones that can use it, finder keeps other stuff. Everyone gets an equal share of regular wages.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:01 pm »
Oh right and game stuff.

You've now been three months without a job to do apart from cleaning the streets occasionally, and your group is getting restless. You yourself are wondering if it was a good idea to take the local Lord's job offer. It is soon time for the first night-watch, and you're with Haq-Ilar and Rielna, eating supper in the mess hall attached to the barracks in the castle area of Lord Mahrihan's city, when a messenger approaches you and hands over a rolled paper carrying the Lord's seal. He tells you it's a mission from the Lord, and that you should leave early tomorrow morning. At the latest. Getting the whole group together now would be a good idea.

Douglas has spent most of the last two weeks locked up in a room he rented from a local tavern, Kimhren pretty much lives on the archery range within the castle walls, and Sehra is most likely in the castle workshop.

Here's a map of the city for you.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:31:15 pm by Caranfin »

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »
I vote start killing everyone in the mess hall!!!

Well I've decided to change my vote from someone CONSISTENTLY crying at me.

I vote we leave Douglas to last, he might be a chronic masturbater and we'll need the support of all our friends when we walk into his... 'room'.

Read the letter, Get Haqil-Nabar to sneak up on Sehra and surprise buttsecks her, then go to the archery range and surprise buttsecks Kimhren, then get into a massive orgy with a bunch of women
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:40:54 pm by Ant »

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:32 am »
1. Gather the other fuckheads
2. Read the letter together
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

... well, point 1 and 2, at least. :P
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:04 am »
Ste've gets Douglas, Haq-Ilar goes to Kimhren and Rielna gets Sehra. Meeting point : archery range as there's easy to spot eavesdroppers. There reading the letter. That's my vote.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 12:48:13 am »
1. Gather the other fuckheads
2. Read the letter together
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

... well, point 1 and 2, at least. :P
Well you are trying to make a profit with this job, so at least phase 4 is appropriate. How do you think you should get the group together?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 04:48:12 am »
Send Haq-ilar to the workshop to get Sehra. Send Rielna to to the castle to get Kimhren. Tell them to meet at the tavern. When all are there, have Haq-ilar drag Douglas from his room and find a corner table in the tavern's bar area to open and read the message together. The din of the other drinkers will conceal our discussions.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 08:16:07 am »
Bob accidentally drops a match on some spilled alcohol behind the bar. The entire tavern goes up in flames and awesome explosions and kills everyone inside.

Who's Bob? ???
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:39 am »
Actually that bar would go just well. They could get something wet to lubricate the elaborate and illustrative plans to fulfill their mighty mission from their mysterious master.