Author Topic: Forum CYOA: Mercenary  (Read 29530 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Forum CYOA: Mercenary
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2009, 07:28:25 pm »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2009, 10:29:39 am »
You get down the rope, screwing up a bit near the end and slipping down the last metre or so. The rest of you get down without any trouble while you inspect your palms and find them a bit raw but not bleeding. It'll be slightly painful to grip anything very hard for a while, but nothing you can't deal with.

You're on a cramped alley between the inn and a butcher's shop. You're facing the inn, and the alley stretches on to both your right and left for a bit. On your left, after something like six metres, it takes a sharp turn to the right to what you assume is the street in front of the inn. On your right it continues on a bit further and then ends in some sort of a wall, but you can't make out any details about it in the darkness. There's barely room for two of you to stand side by side.

Kimhren wanders off to the right to look at the wall there, and Haq-Ilar follows her. You and Rielna both look around a bit for something interesting, and notice the chatter coming from the street. You recognise the voice of the innkeeper, but don't think you've ever heard the other one. You're too far away to hear the words properly, but you feel the innkeeper sounds a bit agitated while the other voice could even be a bit threatening.

Obvious possibilities:

A. Get a bit closer to the street to listen in on the conversation.
B. Investigate the area around the rope.
C. Go investigate the other end of the alley with Kimhren and Haq-Ilar.

As always, you can of course order other members of the party to do something you aren't doing.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2009, 04:13:19 pm »
We can leave them two to investigate (and maybe get jiggy. What time of day is it btw? There a good chance for some quick action if its dark...). Rielna should sneak along the wall closer to the conversation and listen in. Ste've can stand there looking dumb.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2009, 06:39:14 pm »
It was the beginning of the first night watch when the game started, and a few hours have passed. It gets very dark very fast this time of the year, so there isn't very much light at all. Especially since the planet doesn't even have a moon.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2009, 08:46:58 pm »
Haq-Ilar and Kimhren investigates, we go eavesdrop on the convo ourselves.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:13 pm »
Haq-Ilar and Kimhren investigates, we go eavesdrop on the convo ourselves.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2009, 04:00:36 pm »
You make your way to the corner careful not to slip on the wet, mossy cobblestones. Rielna is right after you. You hear the conversation clearly, but don't see the people talking from where you're hiding and poking your head out to the street doesn't sound like a very good idea.

"--was for that Douglas-person, and you just let them have it? That's disobeying direct orders! I am an officer of The Watch, you know? You could be in a lot of trouble, mate."
"Sorry, sir, sorry. But ya see they said they be officers as well, they did. An' I don't see what the fuss is about, you could just go up an' talk to 'em. They're still inside, they are."
"Right you are. Just making a point here. Barney, Richards, and Lackwood with me. Mark and Phil, stay here and make sure the good innkeeper won't get bored. Be sure to tell any other watch personnel that might turn up that we've got this handled."

Following this exchange is a series of alrights, and roger thats, and the sound of the door swinging open and some people entering the building. You make your way to the end of the alley to catch up with Kimhren and Haq-Ilar, who have found some sort of an odd bottle, bearing the same mark that was on the letter, on the ground next to the rough brick wall the alley ends at. Kimhren also reports that someone has recently climbed over the wall, though you have no idea how she could know that.

Obvious choices:

1. Go to the street and ask "Mark" and "Phil" what's up.
2. Go to the street and forcibly liberate the innkeep from being entertained by the two gentlemen.
3. Try to climb over the wall to see what's on the other side. (The wall is slippery and wet, but offers decent foot- and handholds. Might be challenging without training)
4. Investigate the alley some more.

In case you decide to confront Mark and Phil outside, you should decide your tactics for the battle. That is, if you want to try to have it done with quickly and silently, if you want to do it without killing them, or perhaps if you want to just throw some rocks at them and do a silly dance.

Also, I thought this might be relevant. The updates will continue whenever I get home (every couple of weeks maybe). So expect this thing to update with the current irregularity.  :P

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2009, 09:02:30 pm »
Yo yo, this be dead then? I was a bit afraid this would happen with me away for weeks at a time. I'll have the first post link to the updates as a quick reference at what has happened in case people forget during my absences, 'cause I'm bored. Vote if you feel like it, I should get home again next weekend and the one after that at least.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2009, 12:24:16 am »
Its just too much trouble, so i never bothered. Can't we do one where there no rules

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:15 am »
I was for it, happening, I was never for actually participating, I've other things to do at the moment that are more on my brain than this creative outlet. I gotta focus the creative energy in one direction.

This was nice work though. Really impressive passionate work, I read most of it.

One with no rules? Whaaaa? That surely would be insane.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2009, 01:00:18 am »

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2009, 03:20:20 am »
BoxMan.. I thought I told you to die.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2009, 11:55:24 am »
Its just too much trouble, so i never bothered. Can't we do one where there no rules
I can't really imagine how a game without rules would work. Besides, if you mean the integrated RPG rules I use to determine what happens, the players really don't need to consider them very much at all. Removing them would just make my job easier, and it's pretty darn easy already.

Anyway, it was fun. I'm sure I've learned a great deal about running a game of this sort, and will probably try another one when I've got some more free time. Of course, if people still wish to continue this one at a (very) slow pace, it doesn't take much of my time on leave to get a new update done. Doesn't look like people will vote, though.