Author Topic: Wishes for the next album  (Read 83054 times)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: Wishes for the next album
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
I want more "uh" and "rrrraaaah" like in Sidstyler and Hero. A grunt or roar (quite different from growlings) just before a solo or shredding session adds so much more power to the whole package that it's off the charts.

Also, I intend to fly to Luleå to attend the next release party as well, so make sure to make it a good one.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2010, 06:31:41 pm »
Imma do some "Yeah's". Don't worry d00d's =)

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2010, 12:01:50 am »
Moshparts and polyrythms.

Nah, just one more great album for me and it'll be ok.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »
Yeah!

I just hope we get a free poster with the CD so I can bring it to the local rock pub. So it can stay there on the wall (or ceiling) forever!  ;D

Offline TTL3

« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2010, 07:39:43 pm »
I just have one wish. Master the new album better than the last two. Those albums are otherwise great, but they are mastered so loud that there is no dynamic range and your ears get tired to it very easily. I doubt it has been the band's decision to master it so loud but I hope you have some power to change the way your records are almost destroyed by this way. If you want to learn more about this unfortunate practise of the recording industry, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war.

Offline Shalinar

« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2010, 05:41:52 am »
Sigh.
The SID is an instrument.
We use it as such.
Please refrain from saying such blatant things as "More SID" or "More distorted guitars" and such.
That's just counterproductive and really doesn't help us in any way.
//Dezo

Yeah the people yammering MOAR SID MOARD SID MOAR SID on this thread are getting really old... But that could just be because I read 27 pages of thread in one sitting XD

The other completely unhelpful thing has got to be those that keep saying "Do another album like [insert your favorite album here]!!!" Personally, I love every one of your albums, they each have a great sound to them and each is unique. You are definitely evolving your sound and progressing it every song you make, which is a wonderful contrast to some of the other bands I listen to that have begun to stagnate in their sound *coughDemonHuntercough* Redeemer is my personal favorite, but I dont say make another album like that. I believe you should keep evolving your sound (after all, you guys invented this genre XD).

If you just continue to make music you love, it will show. So my request for the new album would be this: Keep the passion. The day you stop making music for the love of it is the day your music stagnates. I pray that never happens, as you guys rock my world  :D I say, as long as you love the new album, the fans will too, because that passion shows in the music! So keep rocking and making music you love!! Rock on!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2010, 06:00:08 pm »
I think the album is already pretty much done so put this thread into cryo-stasis for a while, and when it comes out see if there are any similarities to the suggestions and what the album actually is like. That way we can see if MaSu listens to these kind of threads.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2010, 08:14:28 pm »
I just have one wish. Master the new album better than the last two. Those albums are otherwise great, but they are mastered so loud that there is no dynamic range and your ears get tired to it very easily. I doubt it has been the band's decision to master it so loud but I hope you have some power to change the way your records are almost destroyed by this way. If you want to learn more about this unfortunate practise of the recording industry, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war.

Seconded!

Let's just say that I've heard some tracks mastered for loudness get run through my neighbours rack of audio equipment to get a dynamic back, and the end result is just so much better. Now, if it had been mastered that way, and not just pseudomastered back, it would be even better.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2010, 01:31:06 am »
I would love a song with a SID-arp melody, like winterstorn or death from above :)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Member

• http://araki-member.uw.hu
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »
Well, just SID... isn't that bitpop?
Like, what's the point in playing SID-Metal if you skip the Metal part?
That's like saying "MaSu, I like ABBA so please play ABBA songs!" and ofc ended with "zomgofcimbalolz pl0x!!11oneone"
True, but I meaned, on Overworld these parts sounded much more electronic than C64 styled.
But if you want a constructive idea by me, I would be pleased by a slower track about nature or your homeland. With this sounding it could have an interesting result.

I want more "uh" and "rrrraaaah" like in Sidstyler and Hero.
Or this. ^

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
I want a long bass intro and a drum solo somewhere.
Lead guitar gets too much attention these days.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #401 on: May 19, 2010, 09:28:26 pm »
I want a long bass intro and a drum solo somewhere.
Lead guitar gets too much attention these days.
*tilts head*

Offline demigod

« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2010, 08:49:31 pm »
OK im gonna do this thoroughly. My favorite songs are, Player one, Return to Snake Mountain, through the looking glass, etc are just some of them. The guitar sort of drives the songs whilst the SID fills in the spaces in between, but the Sid should have its limelight as well, like in throttle and mask. I think a lot of people would appreciate some awesome bass to come through.  A catchy rhythm/riff at the beginning of a song is always the best to get peoples attention. Most importantly just make you own music and people will naturally follow and listen to it.

Offline Member

• http://araki-member.uw.hu
SCII Song?
« Reply #403 on: August 24, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »
2010 is the year of StarCraft II, won't you write a song about the game? :D Only stupid BM bands had some demos about the Zerg, but most of BM can be hardly called music, it would be a pleasure to listen to it in SID-Metal version. :D