Author Topic: Gaming Monthly - April 09'  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Elrond

• sw33t!
Re: Gaming Monthly - April 09'
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 06:00:25 pm »
Hey, my old Gaming Monthly thread is still kickin' :)
I'm enjoying the heck out of Giana Sisters DS during my breaks at work, and I've been playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on Wii during my free time at home.
Signature has been removed due to violation of size-constraints.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »
I'm enjoying the heck out of Giana Sisters DS during my breaks at work, and I've been playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on Wii during my free time at home.

How is echoes of time?

I loved the original FFCC.
Playing with 4 people was a great experience.

It's so hard to get 4 people together often enough to go through a whole RPG anymore though :(

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:04 pm »
Decided to see if all the fuss about Deus Ex was justified.

It is. I'm terrified of giving the wrong answers to someone with a code I want, or attacking people who may have friends with keys I need, or pissing off the wrong group early in the game.

Are you playing with HDTP and the d3d renderer that adds bloom, bump mapping and way better lighting? If not, you should:
http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm
http://www.offtopicproductions.dreamhosters.com/hdtp/
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 01:18:20 pm »
Are you playing with HDTP and the d3d renderer that adds bloom, bump mapping and way better lighting? If not, you should:
http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm
http://www.offtopicproductions.dreamhosters.com/hdtp/

I barely got it working with the standard renderer, I'm afraid. I'm... hesitant about tweaking it any further, at least before I complete the storyline. I'll take a look for my second playthrough, though. Thanks.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Elrond

• sw33t!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 04:34:42 am »
How is echoes of time?

It's so hard to get 4 people together often enough to go through a whole RPG anymore though :(
Oh I love it. You can play it online either with friends or via matchmaking, or you can link up with other Wii/DS systems via Wi-Fi to play. The Wii version is the exact same as the DS, it runs on a DS emulator that Square Enix cooked up. I'd recommend it for sure. DS is probably better though since its portable.
Signature has been removed due to violation of size-constraints.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 07:45:25 pm »
Fallout 1 in the Machinae tour bus.
Always epic!

Im in the market for a new job if you need someone to mix you drinks and clean up vomit on the bus, ya know...  :angel:

I'm actually playing some WoW again. I'm all about the horde, but I started an alliance character to switch it up. Girlfriend wanted to start new characters and James Leveling Guide Mod makes it actually kinda fun to level up. Other than that not playing much at the moment. Will probably go get some classic games I missed like GUN and Jade Empire. I still need to play Fallout 3 though (yea I know, its awesome, I'm behind on the times).

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 08:15:15 pm »

How is echoes of time?

Have you got Ring Of Fates? I'd be up for some Wi-Fi action at some point if you do.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 10:15:24 am »
just finished Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box on PC... lots of fun in terms of mindless entertainment. can't play online, so basically it's out of my life now.

just bought super paper mario and rockstar table tennis for wii. plus i'm still intermittently playing the force unleashed and super mario galaxy.

plus on my laptop i've started a little age of empires 2 (turks, turtling for a while then running around with hordes of janissaries).

and i've been playing a ton of lexulous and scramble on facebook. and some chess.

and the swords and sandals flash games, as well as any tower defense games that can hold my interest. jesus christ i think i have a problem with gaming.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:26 pm »
Drakensang: The Dark Eye.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester