Author Topic: HyperDuck: Soundtrack composing Team  (Read 9414 times)

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
HyperDuck: Soundtrack composing Team
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:37:28 pm »
Me and Dan obviously have only done Iji as our currently known soundtrack, but currently are working on a new soundtrack and are almost done.

http://soundcloud.com/chris-tg

There is not much to look around but i have put the game NeoGAF demo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9_QhK5_Hk - the music on the game atm is not ours just sample music, which tbh is quite cool!) in bold writing in our "About Me:" section so you may see a (very very old) demo that was only slightly updated in Jan, but rest assured the final product seems very promising and has already been featured in PC ZONE (one of UKs leading PC magazines).

Anyway, we're also building a site for http://www.hyperduck.co.uk which has been purchased but is not currently in use. I have alot of work on so we're trying to get the soundtrack done and mastered before we worry too much about the main website. Myspace one should suffice for now, anyway. If you're on Myspace, or Facebook, find hyperduck or me (Chris Geehan) and add us please! I'd really appreciate if i can bleed some supporters outta the forums for the site. The mover coverage the better (that is, if you like the music, if not, oh well :()

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh haha, memories. Anyway I updated the website a considerable amount, it looks pretty mental now! Art wise anyway. Mental as in awesome. And I put a soundcloud link to my own profile which has a lot of the work we've done, well some of it. Our bandcamp is also http://music.hyperduck.co.uk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:30:18 am by megadokyo »

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
Re: HyperDuck: Soundtrack composing Team
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »
Adding to top friends ofc :) mate.
Really looking forward to it, looks really entertaining. I <3 ninjas.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:26 pm »
The game looks amazing, reminds me of the Xiao Xiao series/games a lot and the music fits it perfectly. I'll add you and Hyperduck on facebook happily!

EDIT: As long as you promise to post in this thread when the game is completed! ^^
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 12:11:21 am »
The music currently on it isn't ours but i agree it is cool music! Our music is alot better though :D I promise to keep this thread updated. Also http://www.hyperduck.co.uk is online but the website is being made atm, i gotta remember my HTML coding knowledge as it has all left me. But thanks for the interest and support, we really appreciate it.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 12:54:56 am »
In that case i shall bite my tongue and click the MySpace link...

*listens*

They're all really, really good, except Kinda Green which is... hmm how to put this... EPIC
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Blackiris

• Class Alpha Mnemonicide
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 07:53:29 am »

*listens*

They're all really, really good, except Kinda Green which is... hmm how to put this... EPIC
But isn't Kinda Green, along with the other two tracks Tor and 3 Cans Later on the MySpace page tracks in the Iji soundtrack? o_o

Anyway, I did love the Iji soundtrack so I can't wait for what you two are going to come up with this game, this time around  ;D

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 01:42:43 pm »
Yeah we're not releasing any of the next soundtrack until the demo is out, in respect to the game designer we're working with. It's a much more professional look to release the entire game as a polished packaged. The FINAL game will not be released without the fully mastered soundtrack. We imagine if we can, we'll ask that people consider buying the game soundtrack of this game for £2 or £3 or whaetever.. we won't ask for much, the money will go to music equipment.. i imagine we will add to it ourselves but whatever support we get from others would warm our hearts very much so <3

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 06:51:56 pm »

*listens*

But isn't Kinda Green, along with the other two tracks Tor and 3 Cans Later on the MySpace page tracks in the Iji soundtrack? o_o

Anyway, I did love the Iji soundtrack so I can't wait for what you two are going to come up with this game, this time around  ;D

That might be the case but I hadn't heard the soundtrack so, yeah.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:03:09 pm »
Small Katakijin Teaser now availible on myspace profile, nothing much mind.. as we're not releasing it until told to  :angel:

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 03:12:08 am »
I put a demoreel up of Katakijin material, lets you hear a bit more of it. But that's not the news I'm bringing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7vE6l1MN0

Dust: An Elysian Tail

New DBP 2009 entry, Dean Dodrill is an indie game developer and animator, he did animation on Jazz Jackrabbit. amongst other things, and this is his game spin off of the animated film he is making. Obviously, I bring this up because, well, our music is in that teaser, which is worth watching. And I'd appreciate if you did. The Piano Melody at the start and end is one track written by Alex Brandon (composer of Jazz JackRabbit and Unreal Tournament soundtracks) and all in between is my own work. Dan was out of town so this is all me, he will be working with me on the full soundtrack once Dean progresses further with the game.

Lets hope he wins DBP 2009! Wish him luck! Not that he needs it with a great looking game like that. We're working on two other projects, which I have to keep quiet about until they're OK with me mentioning it in public. But trust me, they're just as good looking.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:29:20 am »
I put a demoreel up of Katakijin material, lets you hear a bit more of it. But that's not the news I'm bringing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7vE6l1MN0

Dust: An Elysian Tail

New DBP 2009 entry, Dean Dodrill is an indie game developer and animator, he did animation on Jazz Jackrabbit. amongst other things, and this is his game spin off of the animated film he is making. Obviously, I bring this up because, well, our music is in that teaser, which is worth watching. And I'd appreciate if you did. The Piano Melody at the start and end is one track written by Alex Brandon (composer of Jazz JackRabbit and Unreal Tournament soundtracks) and all in between is my own work. Dan was out of town so this is all me, he will be working with me on the full soundtrack once Dean progresses further with the game.

Lets hope he wins DBP 2009! Wish him luck! Not that he needs it with a great looking game like that. We're working on two other projects, which I have to keep quiet about until they're OK with me mentioning it in public. But trust me, they're just as good looking.

Really really inspiring stuff  :D

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 07:16:59 am »
Dust wins 1st place at Microsoft Dream Build Play 2009 for $40 K

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/09/05/563063.aspx

So proud to be a part of this project beforehand, now we're just amazed we're here. So amazing.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
Dust wins 1st place at Microsoft Dream Build Play 2009 for $40 K

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/09/05/563063.aspx

So proud to be a part of this project beforehand, now we're just amazed we're here. So amazing.

That's awesome m8!
Huge gratz!!

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 12:08:18 am »
Thanks! It's gonna put the pressure on for whatever deadline it will now officially become for us. But we're game for the pain.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:14 am »
Sold our first soundtrack ever this month!

http://www.nimblebit.com/2009/11/zero-gear-official-soundtrack-by-hyperduck/

GYARRR!!!