Author Topic: ear training  (Read 2455 times)

Offline finaleclipse06

• Why can't the plural of 'moose' be 'mooses'????
ear training
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:02 am »
so, off and on i've been working on improving my musical ear, and it's a pain! really the only idea i have is that when i learn a new scale, i hum the pitches as i play it, and start on the root note of the scale (to give my ear a starting point). i have noticed that, as i've played more, i'm able to tell a little better where certain notes i hear are played on the fretboard, and once, i was able to tell that a tab i was using, used the wrong strings (the thinner ones sound a little twangier than the thicker ones). but it's frustrating because other than my one idea and experience through just playing, it's really slow going for me. does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for how to make better progress with this?

Offline Muckwuddly

Re: ear training
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:59:30 pm »
Hey there.
First, try and use the enter-button, as it is much easier to read when it's not a big wall of text.
Secondly, I myself have never tried this, but after a quick minute of googling, I found this:
http://www.vocalist.org.uk/pitching_exercises.html
Should probably help you. :]

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: ear training
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:57:44 pm »
I have a cd full of ear exercises, i could upload that if muck's link doesn't help you out! =)