Gaming & Media > Gaming & Media

Dead Space problem

(1/5) > >>

bamFUnk:
Ok, so I bought Dead Space last night with real hard earned money because I love giving EA support for their flawless programming, it finished and I installed everything fine, replace the crack etc.  Every time I try to run the game, it says "Your Graphics Card does not meet Dead Space minimum requirements"

That is a blatant lie.  The minimum graphics card for the game is GeForce 6800, and I'm runing a GeForce 9600m GT.  In fact, I put it to the test at systemrequirementslab.com and my system not only passes, it's miles ahead of the minimum system requirements.  I have no idea why this error is even showing up, and I have no idea how to get around it.
Could anyone help me out?

*Fixed :D

megadokyo:
Not able to help but you might want to edit your post to remove the methods as to how you got the game :) WHICH ARE TOTALLY LEGAL

(saves me editing my post once you've edited yours)

Big Love.

SomethingApt:
tried a bit of googling, found a few people posting about the same error (even with legitimately bought copies of the game) but no sign of a fix. i guess it wouldn't hurt to try fully updating your graphics card's drivers and finding a patch for the game (if any exist).

bamFUnk:
Meh, my drivers are up to date, and there are no patches for the game yet.  I reinstalled the game and everything and still get the error.  I'm 100% sure that my comp can play this game.  Thanks though...

bamFUnk:
Apparently, you have to run the game on an external monitor (I'm using a laptop).  That shit's wack.  I have one left over from when my old comp sploded allovertheplace, but is it really worth it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version