Author Topic: 52 things in a year  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
52 things in a year
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:18 am »
Okay, meme creation time.

I've decided to make a list of 52 things that could be fun to do in 2009. The idea isn't to make a list of things I really want to do in 2009, not a list of some sort of goals, or of things I'd really like to do before I die (like a friend of mine has made for herself). No, it's simply a list of things that could be fun, or good, or whatever, to do.

The list should range from the very improbable to things that would be no effort at all, that may well just randomly happen, to things that almost definitely will happen. The list needn't consist of things you haven't done before, in fact, it should include a number of things you have done, and you enjoyed. That's half the idea of the list - remind yourself to do fun stuff you enjoy but don't get to doing on a regular basis.

So far, I have 27 points on my list. You may come up with suggestions for more.

1.Find something more interesting to study
2.Go to the beach with friends
3.Eat whisky-flambe'd scallops
4.Go-Kart
5.Get a tattoo
6.Learn to play the Harmonica
7.Eat Sushi
8.Start up Project Aesthetic Beauty of Violence
9.Finish Project Aesthetic Beauty of Violence
10.Get in a relationship
11.Shoot an artsy nude photoshoot
12.Shoot a fetishy photoshoot
13.Pin-up, maybe?
14.Be a model in some artsy photos
15.Yeah, okay, fetishy as well (no pin-up, though)
16.Nudes would be okay
17.Go out on town and dance (it's the dancing part that would be uncommon enough to at all merit a listing)
18.Play Rock Band
19.Take a trip down to Spain and the apartment my parents bought down there this fall
20.Get way too drunk (Chances are it's the first I'll tick off :P )
21.Flirt with a random hot girl on town (would be harder to not do this one, but where's the fun in that?)
22.One Night Stand with random hot girl (I don't know why this is on my list, honestly, as ONS's with girls I don't know aren't really my thing. But what the hell. I wrote it down. It stays)
23.Do the Fear and Loathing drunken night on town (basically, dress in Hawaii shirts and stuff, watch Fear and Loathing, get drunk, be obnoxious and stupid on town)
24.Viking Raid of England!!! (don't ask. If it happens, it will be EPIC, and you'll hear about. If I survive and don't end up in a locked or padded cell in England ;D)
25.Get down below 80 kgs
26.Go snowboard
27.Go to at least one viking/medieval market

So, come up with more ideas, and make your own list (steal liberally from mine if you want). Obviously, if you join in and fail to add 52 points to your list before New Years, you're not allowed to add anything you've already done before you write them down.

Once the list is up and running, for every thing on the list you actually get to doing, tick it off. Come back to this thread and bold it out or something.

I'll reserve 10 spots on my list for things you want me to do! I'm gonna let anyone who posts ideas underscore one idea, and at some point not too far past New Years, I'll randomly pick 10 of these, or all if there aren't that many, and add them to my list, assuming they are at all possible for me to do (I obviously can't learn telepathy, win Mr. Universe or show off my large cleavage to some poor random guy). The fun thing, for you, about adding things to my list is, obviously, that if I do end up doing any of them, I'll promise to come back here and bold them out so you'll know. So you'll better make them entertaining ;D

Get to it!
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

Re: 52 things in a year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:43 am »
1 - 52) Get drunk and wallow in misanthropic anger.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:58:55 pm »
Haha +1 for making me laugh out loud until i choked and felt my whiskey coming back up a little

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:19:36 pm »

You can only bold one out for every time you do that, you know. So to complete your list you'll have to get drunk and wallow in misanthropic anger 52 times.

I believe you can do it, Fiindil!
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 07:26:19 pm »
The list needn't consist of things you haven't done before
Oh i guess thats out of the question

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 08:03:56 pm »

You can only bold one out for every time you do that, you know. So to complete your list you'll have to get drunk and wallow in misanthropic anger 52 times.

I believe you can do it, Fiindil!

How are we defining 'drunk' and 'wallow in misanthropic anger' here? Because would just a couple of drinks and a small amount of time wallowing cut it? Or could I get drunk, wallow, snap out of it, wallow in anger again and have it count twice?