Author Topic: Movies - recently watched  (Read 16069 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re: Movies - recently watched
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:40 am »
Darker than Black's plot/story was terrible. Weak excuse for stylish combat. That said I'll probably watch the second season because I can't leave things alone until they are finished.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:48 am »
Haven't seen Darker Than Black, I'll note to check that out.

I don't watch TV much, but occasionally I get friends bugging me to watch something. Next on my list is Dexter.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2009, 12:39:31 am »
Darker than Black's plot/story was terrible. Weak excuse for stylish combat. That said I'll probably watch the second season because I can't leave things alone until they are finished.
Agreed 100%

Still going to watch S2 though!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 01:35:27 am »
Thirded, but the setting was quite nice, IMHO. I really like the idea with the obeisances. To have distinct penalties for your powers is an idea I like. A lot because I think forcing ridiculously fat people to eat cigarettes is a hilarious idea.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Mirdin

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:39 pm »
96 Hours (Taken) is the best movie I´ve ssen in a while. I like it more than the last James Bond. Just watch it if you like this kind of movies Liam Neeson is badass he owns everybody.
The story is very good I only disliked the ending.

(Don´t want to tell you what I disliked cause I don´t want to speak about the end of a movie, but the negative part is not a big deal)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2009, 10:39:53 pm »
Saw District 9 last night... 9/10

A very fulfilling movie, a type which is rather uncommon nowadays. Every part of it was just plain good. The message was pretty blatant, but it was so well executed that it doesn't even matter.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.