Author Topic: Dark Eye blues.. helps?  (Read 8498 times)

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
Dark Eye blues.. helps?
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:41:21 pm »
Anybody who has darkness under their eyes who is able to get rid of it.. help me out.. my eyes are blackening, i'm trying to eat healthier, eating a bit of veg and plenty of fruit, 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, exercising.. and i've got these black god forsaken under eyes and i can even see an ugly green blood vessel now.. i'm turning into a monster.. help me :(

Please don't wrack my brain with comical comments unless it's a follow up to a helpful one you've done :D

Smeagol

Re: Dark Eye blues.. helps?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:45:31 pm »

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:39:26 pm »
Just to be really obvious... have you been sleeping properly?

Do you spend countless hours in front of screens?

Black circles under eyes means they're probably under a lot of stress of some sort.

Have you had your eyes checked at an optometrist?

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:13:22 am »
In front of a computer screen, yes. Meh.. that's probably a main factor of the problem.

I haven't had my eyes checked at an optometrist. Hm.. i should prob get that sorted with my doc when i get back this friday.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 04:48:11 am »
Try rationing your food.

Like, only 1 kid per 2 days.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:40 pm »
DELISHUSH CHEEEELLLDRREEENNNN!!!

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 06:12:38 pm »
You don't look like you'd eat children :D

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 06:14:39 pm »
You don't look like you'd eat children :D
That's because
i'm trying to eat healthier, eating a bit of veg and plenty of fruit, 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, exercising..

Jokes aside, have you already seen your doc about this. I mean, if ya don't know what it is, get it looked after is my motto.
Glad i've never had to live by it but eh, it has a certain truth.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:33 pm »
Try to sleep around 8-9 hours a day. Less will make you feel tired, and more will make you feel even more tired. Make sure that your eyes aren't dry, if they are -get some eye drops.

And if you're looking in the mirror make sure that there is no source of light directly above you - the shadow dropping on your eyes will make them look blackened. :)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:21:00 am »
Actually, 7 hours should be enough, assuming it's good sleep, and you manage to wake yourself naturally from it (alarm clocks are evil and should ideally not be used). More than 8 hours of sleep is actually associated with shortened lifespan, though the sleeping is probably a symptom, a non-causal correlation, rather than a cause (e.g. depressed people sleep more, and also have a shorter average lifespan, but that is due to the depression).

As for your eyes, I suspect it's your sleep cycle, from what I've picked up before. I have no solution, though, I'm afraid. Exercise, maybe, if you haven't tried that (exercise leads to a pleasant tiredness that helps with better sleep (and possibly also less - at least it seems to me that the periods I've had of lots of physical exertion has lead to shorter but more fulfilling natural sleep cycle (7-8 hours as compared to 8-10)), at least for me).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 04:28:36 am »
Oh noes looks like I'm doomed to have a short life then because no matter what I do I can't seem to get a regular sleep cycle. I seem to pull 12 hour sleeps regularly after laying around starring at the ceiling for hours upon hours trying to sleep and yet I feel like I'm getting absolutely no sleep. But the worst thing? All my life I've never suffered from dry eyes and then this winter rolls around and it feels like there is a blow dryer in front of my eyes 24/7 even with drops. Previously my eyes were always so moist people would ask me if I was alright because I looked like I was crying all the time. Oh how I long for the not sandpaper feeling. :(
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 04:30:52 am »
i sleep about 3 hours a night on average

this means some nights i go without entirely and make it up on the weekends

i am super healthy
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 04:37:11 am »
We have coffee for a reason. You'll sleep enough when you're dead.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 09:51:33 pm »
Oh noes looks like I'm doomed to have a short life then because no matter what I do I can't seem to get a regular sleep cycle. I seem to pull 12 hour sleeps regularly after laying around starring at the ceiling for hours upon hours trying to sleep and yet I feel like I'm getting absolutely no sleep. But the worst thing? All my life I've never suffered from dry eyes and then this winter rolls around and it feels like there is a blow dryer in front of my eyes 24/7 even with drops. Previously my eyes were always so moist people would ask me if I was alright because I looked like I was crying all the time. Oh how I long for the not sandpaper feeling. :(

Staring at a monitor or TV for too long can dry out your eyes. It happens to me on occasion. It's not a joke when they recommend a ten minute break every hour, I guess.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 10:18:52 pm »
Keep your monitor off 100 brightness, and keep it as far away as possible, and blink as often as possible, i noticed how little i blink today.

I think i found my weakness..