Author Topic: How do you see this forum?  (Read 14867 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
How do you see this forum?
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:20 am »
I can imagine people seeing this forum as a place where you just like to chill out, or talk to people about games/problems/nothing in particulair/crack jokes etc.

I can't help but feel its sort of a company, and we're all employees working for a big boss (the masu), now only weird thing is that we don't hate our boss, well atleast not me (but i try to really i do!)

So in the cafeteria i hang out to get a burger and then stops by some dude with a strangly cryptic nickname and gives me a strange look. As i finish my burger i get hailed by the regulars wich argue about wich intern makes the worst coffee and then head out to check what beans be up in the Mod lounge. (wich looks in my thoughts more like a sitcom setting where everyone's just .. sitting, and waiting for something to happen. Gaijin is playing on his DS cursing at his screen while MDX curses at the coffee machine for making his day "untasty" (he might have actually said something else)
So the clock strikes nine AM and i guess i'd better should start going somewhere and i walk off in my sleepy stupor giving the janitor my "what up" sign (yeah you know it was going to be you Sirix.
While flashing my mad gang signz i get caught up by Gravehill who starts off in a story about butter but ends up revealing he once was a pirate who sailed in a cupcake. I nod as i silently try to keep my eyes open and start work once fiindil tells me where he hid my keyboard this time.

Then around 1pm its lunch break and we're all out in the cafeteria, Somethingapt screaming on the top of his lungs that he's not ovulating anymore and Harvey is trying to score that chick from finance. ("Never going to happen buddy")

So then, out for a smoke with the big dogs, talking about poker, scarface, lasagna and the power rangers its back to work.

When we're all done, i see Dim clicking out the lights of the mod lounge and she imforms me the whole staff is going out for a beer tonight. The next morning revealed that a bunch of staff members got crazy with eachother but that's probably something you know already (You know who i'm talking to) ;)

So, what do you think, or like to think this community is like in real life?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:51:02 am by Jack Lupino »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
Re: How do you see this forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 11:55:59 am »
That was an awesome read! :D
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Mithrandil

• Poetica
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »
Kewl point of view really :P Can see the similarities now that you've "opened my eyes":P

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:33:51 pm »
So I clean up the forum's mess?

Can I pretend that the "Janitor" is my super hero name.... and I clean up crime instead of dust!

Or, you know, something cool?

Lysix

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:35:25 pm »
So i woke up every morning and FUCK i have to go to work i mean that fiindil guy who the fuck is that anyway? GOD I SHOULD QUIT THIS JOB, I DONT EVEN GET PAID

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:39:51 pm »
So i woke up every morning and FUCK i have to go to work i mean that fiindil guy who the fuck is that anyway? GOD I SHOULD QUIT THIS JOB, I DONT EVEN GET PAID

Volunteer work is its own salary!

It pays in rainbows.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:15 pm »
The coffee was indeed, untasty. I guess that is a great view on the forum yes lol :D i enjoyed the read. I have cursed at a coffee machine before for giving me shit coffee, and indeed in one case, defafinated coffee.. that particular machine did not live to serve another human.

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »
I was sort of hoping this would start off as a 'OMG TEH FORUMS IS DEAD OHNOES' thread, and then we'd come up with stupidly long posts exploring the reasons why, and then VisionThing, Sobella et al would appear and be like "sup guys?" and then we'd all forget about the aforementioned problem and it would never be brought up again.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »
It's as dead as you guys let it be, it's been the same team for so long. So basically there is not a reason for this forum to die down a bit, you guys gotta kick it up a notch, reply to everything! Insightfulness meter at 5 kilosights! GO GO GO!

GET ME A DECENT COFFFEEEEE  >:(

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 05:46:53 pm »
* WereVolvo comes crashing through the door, driving over mems in the process, stops and revs his engine

REPORTING IN, SIR!
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 05:52:34 pm »
Insightfulness meter at 5 kilosights!

We do insightful posts now?

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »
Every Tuesday and Half Thursday!

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 07:21:18 pm »
Stand up and post
Aha-aaaaa
That's the way to do it

I think that this forum is excellent specimen about how certain phenomenom or thing can bring people together. Machinae Supremacy is bit like philosopher's stone which can transform various metals into gold. It's really interesting thing tbh because Machinae Supremacy is really unique force of nature when it comes to music. Themes, lyrics, sounds... It's really fascinating.

In the same way people on this forum are really interesting - both as individuals and as mixture. There's some similarities and lots of differences. Which are the things that got people hooked up on Machinae Supremacy and on forum activity? That's really interesting question indeed.

I liked Rad's visualization of this forum quite much.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Lysix

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 07:23:18 pm »
* WereVolvo comes crashing through the door, driving over mems in the process, stops and revs his engine

REPORTING IN, SIR!

THERE ARE TIRE MARKS FROM LAST TIME, DUDE. PLEASE.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 07:27:14 pm »
Every Tuesday and Half Thursday!
Awesome. I was thinking you were gonna take my saturday away from me  ;D