Author Topic: Death Magnetic  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Crazywater

Re: Death Magnetic
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »
I am referring to Mister CrazyWater, i coulda quoted. But i didn't, wanna fight about?!
yes. :)

Probably you're right about it. Probably not. I reckon a fanboy would just aswell say "woo it rocks!".

It's not as if I only had listened to one of their songs and found it boring. I know what they sounded like on their earlier albums, and I know their newest album, and I can't make out much of a difference. Of course, their sound has changed a bit around here and that, but my essential point remains: I can't understand why Metallica are hailed to as kings of metal, except that they're old as an oak tree.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 08:02:02 pm »
I am referring to Mister CrazyWater, i coulda quoted. But i didn't, wanna fight about?!
yes. :)

Probably you're right about it. Probably not. I reckon a fanboy would just aswell say "woo it rocks!".

It's not as if I only had listened to one of their songs and found it boring. I know what they sounded like on their earlier albums, and I know their newest album, and I can't make out much of a difference. Of course, their sound has changed a bit around here and that, but my essential point remains: I can't understand why Metallica are hailed to as kings of metal, except that they're old as an oak tree.

Many fanboys did not say "it rocks" to St.Anger though, though i do know of the folks you speak of, and they would say woo it rocks to beef flavoured ice lollies, you know this is true.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 05:40:04 am »
i think we're missing the real point here: james hetfield now sounds like weird al.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline megadokyo

• Everybody gets one.
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Ima ween!
    • HyperDuck SoundWorks
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 01:55:21 pm »
LOL. Clarity is restored to this thread. Thank you.

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 02:22:39 am »
I am a huge metalhead and I just can't understand why so many people like Metallica in the first place. I can respect what they did for the genre and laying the groundwork for many bands to come, but honestly, the drumming is mediocre at best and the singing is horrible. I don't see why he feels the need to do the stupid shout vocals, the few songs that I actually like are the only ones he just sings like a normal person on. Everything I've heard from the new album and pretty much all their old songs just piss me off.
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »
I am a huge metalhead and I just can't understand why so many people like Metallica in the first place. I can respect what they did for the genre and laying the groundwork for many bands to come, but honestly, the drumming is mediocre at best and the singing is horrible. I don't see why he feels the need to do the stupid shout vocals, the few songs that I actually like are the only ones he just sings like a normal person on. Everything I've heard from the new album and pretty much all their old songs just piss me off.
Amen to you, brother.

Offline the_rug

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 09:46:46 pm »
Yeah I don't know why he shouts when he can sing. They probably thought shouting = br00tal = good, but that doesn't always work out.

And a lot of the lyrics are really terrible, sometimes I was thinking "this makes almost as little sense as Dragonforce" XD

Offline metzGRR

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:06 pm »
They release an album with crappy quality, and then complain about people downloading the songs instead D: Its just cheap imo and i wont support them, they dont need my support any ways so wth.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:24 pm »
Don't know, Death Magnetic felt soulless for the most part. Not a single song that kept stuck in my head, except maybe Unforgiven III.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 11:51:56 am »
Fuck You, Metallica. You guys have more money than god at this point, so do us all a favor and retire. Learn to play golf, buy a fishing boat, do something. This contrived angst from a bunch of skull-jockeyed 45 year old millionaires is beyond tiresome. You used to be the best. You aren't anymore. In fact, you haven't been in a long, long time. Now you're like an ex-girlfriend who fucked my buddy and won't stop giving me the eyes. You're trying way too hard and it's totally not attractive. You just ain't what you used to be. Go away.