Author Topic: headphones/earphones/whateverphones!  (Read 13029 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: headphones/earphones/whateverphones!
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 01:34:09 am »
Because they were broke?

Well yeah, most expensive brands look completely retarded if you put them on, i'd rather have something that looks cool.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 02:30:25 am »
Mine were not as an accessory, they were my favorite set of headphones I had, just slightly above my Koss ones. But this new set seems crappier than the last one I had, they seem to trigger on a different bass frequency and doesn't pickup alot of the things that the old pair did, and they did very well.

I was looking at some Sennheisers at FutureShop but they were mainly just the ones for stereo surround-sound. And had very little selection :(

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 06:58:50 am »
My Bose in-ear phones were $100 (a little high, but not ridiculous, and you definitely get what you pay for). When I looked at the link I provided for Lysander, they were more expensive, but I dunno how much they'd be for the rest of the EU.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 07:16:10 am »
I was looking at some Sennheisers at FutureShop but they were mainly just the ones for stereo surround-sound. And had very little selection :(

Futureshop's selection is terrible for everything. My headphones died a few days ago and I've been looking for replacements but can't find anything remotely suitable sold at FS or any local stores. Probably going to end up ordering some Grado SR60s or 90s or the modified ones Alessandro sells. I regret not snapping up some Beyerdynamics that were a regular $300 reduced to $150 USD about a year back just because a new model that was exactly the same aside from the model number made them obsolete. :|
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:18:21 am by Einkoro »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:38 pm »
Sennheisers are TEH SHIT when it comes to headphones, without a doubt. I've never been more happy with any other pair than with the sennheisers. But they come with a pricetag, otherwise I'd have recommended them ;P

Can you say Sennheiser Orpheus? ;D

It only costs like $15000.

Bose are famed for their in-ear headphones, and probably aren't a bad choice.

The beyerdynamics SX-10's I mentioned earlier are at about the same price as the Porta-Pro, I think, and fits me quite well. Sure, the thing that goes around the back is too big, but that's not meant to hug your head, it's there to press in or something.

The SX-10s have been designed to be used during excersise, and I've found that they sit very well in your ears despite a lot of movement.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 09:46:40 pm »
So ok, I have money in my hand now, and I'm looking for a pair of in-ears.
Is the Koss Spark Plug any good?

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 01:00:33 pm »
It sounds good enough, but either I was extremely unlucky, or the construction is sub-par. My first set worked for maybe 3-4 months, before the right ear stopped making sound. I got a new one from the store I bought it from (though that took 2-3 months). The second set broke after maybe 2 months; I went to the store and got me the beyerdynamics I use today. They cost more (~$20-25, I'd guess), they look flimsier, but I've had them for long enough that I'm starting to trust that they're not.

Plus, it seems I can open them quite easily and fix 'em when the wire breaks.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 01:52:50 pm »
My Porta Pro headphones gave up the ghost a few days ago (due to rough handling by me rather than any defects, so I can't be arsed arguing about whether its covered by the lifetime warranty or not), so I'm looking for a replacement. Price limit is £50, and I'm currently looking at an AKG K518 DJ, which is supposed to be rather good according to the user experiences I've read so far.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Lysix

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 02:01:25 pm »
i bought some skullcandy in-ears the other day. at first i thought the sound quality was terrible, but then i realised that i hadn't put them in properly. they keep popping out, not competely, but enough to annoy me incessantly.
then again, its probably because i need to clean my ears better :(

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 03:03:15 pm »
i bought some skullcandy in-ears the other day. at first i thought the sound quality was terrible, but then i realised that i hadn't put them in properly. they keep popping out, not competely, but enough to annoy me incessantly.
then again, its probably because i need to clean my ears better :(

aww, didn't yer skull like the candy you bought for it? ;D
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 06:17:53 pm »
My Bose in-ears are still alive and kicking. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.