Author Topic: A Thought  (Read 18565 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
A Thought
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:06:30 am »
When I was in the shower this morning, I thought: If we assume a Big Bang beginning of the universe, then every molecule, every atom, every proton, every electron, every quark, every wavelength, every vibration, every multi-dimensional string, every everything that makes up everything else shares an ineffable property of pre-Bang Oneness. Assuming that, then every everything is always moving in one of two directions: either away from that primordial state, or returning towards it.
We feel these quantum movements. Moving away is experienced as loneliness, fear, anger and despair.
Returning is experienced as one or more of the infinite variations and gradations of what we call love.
Now, while some might say that equating the miracle of human feelings to the meandering of sub-atomic bric-a-brac robs them of their mystery, the truth is quite the opposite.
Connecting our fundamental experience of life to the great mystery of existence ties us to the eternal within our every waking moment. We are not separate. We are made of the same stuff that existed at the beginning and will exist at the end.
Therefore, the question we must each ask ourselves is simple: "In what direction am I moving today - towards oneness, or away from it?" When I was done reflecting on this, I stepped out of the shower, toweled off, and, while glancing at the mirror, pondered a new thought: "I have a pretty nice ass."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: A Thought
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:15:03 am »
This post neglects to mention those of us with gods for ancestors.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Lysix

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:21:28 am »
science is pretty b/s. its just a bunch of made up rules applied to things and apparently that makes it correct. exactly what the bible does, but thats wrong apparently. eg; i could say grass is green because i put grass powder inside. scientists call this chlorophyll, i call it grass powder, placed there by fairies. i know this is true because its in the grass OMFG!
hypocrisy, all of it. im a firm believer that the sock puppets control us. really. WAIT AND SEE.
pix of ass plz?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:23:05 am by mems »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 02:33:32 am »
Ehh.. every so often I'm hit with an overwhelming urge to write. An inchoate feeling wells up inside me and demands to substantiate itself through the power of words. When I sat down to write this thread , I was in the grip of just such a feeling. Thankfully, it has passed.  ;D

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:59:10 am »
A Thought : I liked it. It's nice to have such moments that you described, those passing moments of lazy pleasurable non hurried heartbeats when one can feel how thoughts are wandering around in head like ice on glass of whiskey (I know, it's almost blasphemy to ruin good drink like that but it actually does look good when one moves around the glass bit with lazy movement of wrist to put ice cubes on movement and when light filters through glass, ice and whiskey... the movement and colours are just so very beautiful and that's where I'm referring here : the visual part of drinking whiskey like that).
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:09:18 am »
Whiskey is awesome, and please do not hate me for liking ice in my whiskey, but its better when its cold than pisswarm because its 30 degrees out here.
Atleast im now back home where i can just do whatever the hell i want instead of being at a strange country or at a friends place, getting wasted and just basically doing stupid stuff i'd never do sober.
Frankly, that doesn't happen too often. (Me being sober that is)
Well all im glad for is that i got fast internet at my place.
I remember when i first got internet, it was on my dad's computer and i was just starting to get to know how the hell you move around that place.
There was a dial tone, a horrible noise, then, miracle of miracles, a world of goofy teenagers chatting with each other via badly written sentences.
I sat there and marvelled that my little computer was suddenly linked to other little computers in faraway places. I marvelled, then I logged off.
It was incredibly slow and boring.
Well, it's not slow and boring anymore. And it may put a lot of people out of work for a very long time. Which, IMHO, isn't a LOL situation. :D

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:14:44 am »
I just thought, when reading the first post, that if that is true then it just makes it all sadder that in the end everything is just going to end up as background radiation in the coldness of space.

Well, in countless billions of years that is. Until then, PAHTAY!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 03:34:10 am »
I just thought, when reading the first post, that if that is true then it just makes it all sadder that in the end everything is just going to end up as background radiation in the coldness of space.

Well, in countless billions of years that is. Until then, PAHTAY!
Lets all join the bag, and PAHTAY.

Im getting the liquor.

EDIT : Hooray for screwdrivers? Today's thursday right? Or Friday morning. Either way, fine by me, tomorrow im getting the good stuff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:53:36 am by Jack Lupino »

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 05:25:38 am »
That was a beautiful, and lovely, load of drivel you wrote, Rad. Very new agey.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 10:09:17 am »
[some stuff, by lysander]
llol
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:06:42 am »
[some stuff, by lysander]
llol

It made more sense earlier this morning when I was still fairly shit-faced. Then again, this is coming from Lysux, he of the 'deep' and 'provoking' Youtube videos which feature fake kettles.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »
Drinks... Teenagers... Background... Coldness...

Oh, I like it very much. It's beautiful!

WTF is PAHTAY BTW?
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Lysix

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 02:17:49 pm »
It made more sense earlier this morning when I was still fairly shit-faced. Then again, this is coming from Lysux, he of the 'deep' and 'provoking' Youtube videos which feature fake kettles.

i cant help it if im better than you :(
i still love you though!

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 06:23:25 pm »
When I was in the shower this morning, I thought:

Most people just settle for having a wank in the shower.
DRAMA

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 07:07:03 pm »
When I was in the shower this morning, I thought:

Most people just settle for having a wank in the shower.
Wanking in the shower isn't really that great tbh, getting a bj in the shower is much better!