Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2: Grimoire of the Rift  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2: Grimoire of the Rift
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:38:21 pm »
Anyone played it yet? got 7 hours in so far of playtime and I fucking love it, just wish there was more information out there on the internet regarding jobs and requirements :(

The system on the face of it is pretty similar to FFT on the Playstation but so different once you get an hour or so into the game.

If you haven't played it yet, go get it nowwwwwwww!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:28:52 pm by megadökyo »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

Re: FFTA2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:47:10 pm »
?

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:22 pm »
Annie: "Ant, if you're gonna post about a game on the forums, I suggest not using acronyms."

Ant: "Well fuck that, if people were interested at all, they'd know what I was talking about."

And then I LAUGHED.

But yes, What I think he meant was, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2: Grimoire of the Rift. It's for the Nintendo DS, and we ACQUIRED it two or three days ago, and he's been playing it almost non-stop. I was, for awhile, too, when my game data deleted for some reason, and I was pissed.

But yes anyway, Excellent game. Much, MUCH better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, but, not better than the original(but really super close), Final Fantasy Tactics. The battles system is much better, and there are a mutltitude of classes, and races, and of course, at least a hundred different unlockables, including more classes and races, through quests and whatnot, but there's really not too much I can say. There's so little information about it on the intarwebs, but, it's an excellent game, and I suggest you all try it!

Graphics are pretty sexy, too.

EDIT: Found a half decent trailer, go look!

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/05/14/final-fantasy-tactics-a2-trailer-revealed/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 05:30:51 pm by Annie »
Quote from: Still Not Fiindil
Annie, you ain't fucking human.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:29:01 pm »
been playing it for 2 weeks :)

and yes, I love it.

these 2 game FAQs have been my savior on recruitments and blue magick.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/937330/53383

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/937330/53332

there are so many classes in this one!
I've logged 20 hours and I'm only done like 48 quests.
there are 300!
aah!

=D

it's too bad there isn't wifi play =(
I want people to trade with.

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:30 pm »

UGH, especially back in the FFT Days, I always though, "Wouldn't it be cool if two people could battle against eachother, you know, withthe team they've leveled and whatever?" IT'D BE LIKE A POKEMON BATTLE BUT WITH MAGES AND WIZARDS AND SQUIRES AND DANCERS AND ZOMG. They could totally do it, too. BUT THEY DON'T. GR.

But man, that'd be kick ass. But, I don't know much about the trading. Like, weapons, items, or even recruits, or?

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:42:53 pm »

UGH, especially back in the FFT Days, I always though, "Wouldn't it be cool if two people could battle against eachother, you know, withthe team they've leveled and whatever?" IT'D BE LIKE A POKEMON BATTLE BUT WITH MAGES AND WIZARDS AND SQUIRES AND DANCERS AND ZOMG. They could totally do it, too. BUT THEY DON'T. GR.

But man, that'd be kick ass. But, I don't know much about the trading. Like, weapons, items, or even recruits, or?

yeah, I think it's chiefly for items and weapons and such.

but maybe for units as well =O
that'd be cool.
and if FFTA2 is anything like FFTA then there are also special 2 player quests that can be accessed through connectivity.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »
Think you're beating me Sirix, I've done just under 13 hours and 33 quests done :(

Have you decided, or anyone for that matter, what your final builds are going to be?

For the moment I've gone for:
Paravir/Paladin
Illusionist/Alchemist
Assassin/Sniper (or Elementalist instead of Sniper, not sure)
Trickster/White Monk
Magic Cannoneer/Gunner

So many jobs to choose from and so many characters to assign them to! D: One thing I worry about is the amount of AP (Ability Points(because using acronyms is baaaad)), I hope there's enough to master 2 Jobs for up to 6 characters + a passive and reaction ability *starts to stress out* WHEN WILL I KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE GOD?!

I'm almost sorry to be leaving on Sunday as I suppose I'll never finish the game because of it :P (That's just how awesome it is people).
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:13:47 am »
Think you're beating me Sirix, I've done just under 13 hours and 33 quests done :(

Have you decided, or anyone for that matter, what your final builds are going to be?

Paravir/Paladin
Illusionist/Alchemist
Trickster/White Monk
Magic Cannoneer/Gunner

So many jobs to choose from and so many characters to assign them to! D: One thing I worry about is the amount of AP (Ability Points(because using acronyms is baaaad)), I hope there's enough to master 2 Jobs for up to 6 characters + a passive and reaction ability *starts to stress out* WHEN WILL I KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE GOD?!

I'm almost sorry to be leaving on Sunday as I suppose I'll never finish the game because of it :P (That's just how awesome it is people).

there are unlimited ability points.  You can run into monster battles that appear at random on the world map.
so there are always points to be had.
and you have the AP Bonus clan privilege?
I think you can get it by answering the appropriate questions at the beginning of the game.

and as for builds, I don't really plan those ahead of time.
I think I'll have at least 2 of each race and a high-end class assigned to each of them.
hard to say!

and Ant dood, you will have WAY more than 6 characters.
once you get to the point of the game where recruitment comes in you can potentially get 2 new units each month (I posted an FAQ with details of how to do that)

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 06:29:23 am »

Paravir/Paladin
Illusionist/Alchemist
Trickster/White Monk
Magic Cannoneer/Gunner

there are unlimited ability points.  You can run into monster battles that appear at random on the world map.

He has that, and uses at that at the beginning of every battle. o: Too bad the judge is a giant fucking HOMO.

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 06:34:48 am »

Paravir/Paladin
Illusionist/Alchemist
Trickster/White Monk
Magic Cannoneer/Gunner

He has that, and uses at that at the beginning of every battle. o: Too bad the judge is a giant fucking HOMO.

yeah, anytime the judge decrees things like "no attacking people at lower levels" I always imagine a fully armored judge on the playground in elementary school, throwing kids who break his laws into tiny cages and not allowing the other kids to get them out.  Also, no ice cream if you're naughty.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 12:29:05 pm »
I've had one random battle so far but that's because I just get a bunch of quests, go do them and try to avoid developing the story line as much as possible so I spend a lot of time on the main world map.

I don't really get the whole notices thing though... I know it creates random events on the maps sometimes but I'm not smart enough to figure out what they're on about most of the time either. I want some devil women in my team! (For the fly ability... obviously). Although with that FAQ by my side now I'm sure I'll get one soon, thanks Sirix :)

The judges are annoying as shit, especially when they're like DUN USE FIRE K? Then when you aren't concentrating because your girlfriend is trying to force you on facebook to look at photos of your holiday with them for the fourth time you use Fire and the Judge rapes all your dead peoples :(. I think if they had judges like that in school you wouldn't need discipline, everyone would just shit themselves constantly and lots :P.

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 03:57:11 pm »
I don't really get the whole notices thing though... I know it creates random events on the maps sometimes but I'm not smart enough to figure out what they're on about most of the time either. I want some devil women in my team! (For the fly ability... obviously). Although with that FAQ by my side now I'm sure I'll get one soon, thanks Sirix :)

yeah, I still don't have any Seeq or Gria on my team.
very soon though!
can't wait.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 04:14:42 pm »
Just got Arcanist, Fighter and Gunman ^^

Also: http://ffta2.pbwiki.com/JobRequirement nice site with lots of information I came across the other day if you go to the home page (http://ffta2.pbwiki.com/) there's lots of other useful information being collected together.

NB: Gadgeteer = Tinker

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2: Grimoire of the Rift
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 09:30:10 pm »

?
DRAMA

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.