Author Topic: Spore Creature Creature  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
Re: Spore Creature Creature
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 10:17:01 pm »
Ah, yes, Spore... This game is truly one of the games that I am looking forward to, seeing as it might be a game that gets me trapped into playing it for longer than the average game, seeing that there is so shittons of different ways to do shittons of stuff... Only thing that is kinda troubling me, is that the developers are saying that the full game takes around 8 hours to complete. That is of course, most likely, just running it through but still its kinda short time.

Anyways, im still gonna get this game, no matter what and have fun(hopefully?)
* Asor goes plan creatures to create
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 02:43:16 am »
Spore Creature Creature? :/

And bummer, since I don't have Leopard yet, I can't try this sucker out :(
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 10:36:40 am »
I was really waiting for this game but recently I read from their official page that they are planning to release expansions for it. Somehow it sounded to me like they are trying to do Sims for it. To get full experience you must buy at least half dozen addons. Sure, that 8 hours gameplay will be interesting if world regenerates itself differently and different creatures create even more randomness to it thus making every gaming experience unique. But still releasing games with supplemental addons has started to look like rip off to me lately. Don't get me wrong : I do like Sims, it's awesome game and I've bought quite many addons both for Sims and Sims 2. I just feel that so many features present in addons seems like they were cut off from main game only because they wanted to release it on addon disk. Somehow I'm disappointed because so many developers doesn't want to make "as-good-game-as-they-can-do" but they just want to milk gamers dry with addons and sequels.

I've my fears over this Spore thing that it will be another milking machine for EA but I will still try it some day, some way. Basic idea is just so good that it might be worth it. And it probably is. I just want to see how much there will be addons and for the game to get rid of bugs and stuff etc before making any decisions about buying or ordering it.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 11:15:12 am »
Unfortunately, Maxis have been under EA's wing for so long now that grasping every last penny from their customers is now second-nature to them.
They only released one expansion for SC4, only because they couldn't think of any more ideas to fill another expansion with.