Author Topic: Spore Creature Creature  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Spore Creature Creature
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:03:10 pm »
Annie came across the released free trial (or full version, but gotta pay for) creature creator! Yay!

http://www.spore.com/ (server is down atm (as at 18:02 23/06/08)).

Fun shit yo :o.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

MDX

Re: Spore Creature Creature
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:09:03 pm »
Been playin with this all week, was wondering if somebody was gonna make a post about it or not :) tis kick ass, i've made 2 creatures, ill upload pics soon :)

Lysix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »
i'm curious as to how the real game will play. but i love how you can make ANYTHING and it just comes to life in it's own unique way.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:21:33 pm »
i'm curious as to how the real game will play. but i love how you can make ANYTHING and it just comes to life in it's own unique way.

Dunno if it's possible to make anything as I haven't seen any way to make shapes square and have unsmooth edges so don't think it's possible to make a walking handgun etc.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:25 pm »
It's crashed on me twice, both times before being able to save my creatures. :(

Kinda cool how I was able to start off making something that was just "wtf" and completely not serious and have it turn into an actual creature.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:50:33 pm »
It's awesome indeed. I've made 36 creatures or something like that, some serious and loads of not-at-all-serious creatures (including, of course, the compulsory penis monster >_<).

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:25:00 am »
Ah, Spore - letting us make penis people in penis cars in penis towns who learn to make penis starships to colonize the penis galaxy: http://janpingel.com/misc/stuff/Astronomers%20Discover%20Extremely%20Graphic%20Galaxy.jpg

I just want SimCity 5, a new Sim Farm and Sim Tower. :(
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:33:36 am »
The topic's title looks funny.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:52 am »
Can we share creatures with each other?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:15:06 am »

Maybe even a SimAnt??

But I agree. enough of this SimCity Societies and SimCity Creator bullshit. Grow some balls, fix the relatively few problems with sc4, and give up on the EA mission statement of "To rape everything everyone ever loved."

Recently when i was having similar angsts, i discovered that there actually was a second version of the simtower game, though not released by maxis. it just more like version 1.5 than a second game though.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:23 pm »

Maybe even a SimAnt??

But I agree. enough of this SimCity Societies and SimCity Creator bullshit. Grow some balls, fix the relatively few problems with sc4, and give up on the EA mission statement of "To rape everything everyone ever loved."

Yes, yes and yes.

SimCity 5 is what we need. Societies was utter shite and I knew it would be from the moment I noticed Maxis was no where in the credits. I did try to like it, but it just hurt.

I was hoping Spore would be like SimEarth but with much more detail, but I'm starting to think that despite Will Wright's big imagination we still don't have the computer power enough to run such a complex game in a way that would be a true simulation.

And I miss SimIsle - one of the hardest Sim games ever made.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 07:58:04 pm »
Sim Isle was brutal and it had the best disasters. <3 slash and burn for easy money.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 11:37:42 pm »
I made a human-like creature modeled on myself. it shoots purple from it's special place.

EDIT: for the record, i don't shoot purple from my special place.

MDX

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 02:04:51 am »
Yep, i can vouche for this truthful statement.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:28 pm »
I downloaded the free version 2 hours ago and I'm hooked. I've already uploaded 6 creatures. I'm considering buying the full version...