Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy -- masters of it all  (Read 1539 times)

Offline kunphuzil

Machinae Supremacy -- masters of it all
« on: April 03, 2004, 08:13:49 am »
Hey all, long time no post..  :P I'd just like to again add to the huge list of compliments to all of Machinae, they really have music figured out.. The guitar and keyboard solos are just mind blowing, drum beats are really awesome and the rhythm section (rhytjhm guitar/bass) is really unique..

Btw, Player One, very awesome! I'm amazed at the fact that most all Machinae songs are unique somehow, and it's amazing how they're able to keep pumping it out.

Oh yeah, since you guys are so great, got any tips for us n00bs?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 08:19:15 am by kunphuzil »

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
Re:Machinae Supremacy -- masters of it all
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 11:43:24 am »
Hehe thank you very much...

Tips uhm er oh uhm hum  hmmmm thinking....  . .

Machinae Supremacy Tips for n00bs
1. Don't let lack of technical skill or other misc lackings to stop you from creating. Creativity is king. Don't choke it.
2. Lack creativity? Then just ... Go kamikaze. Throw yourself at some musical instrument or music program. I do this all the time. ;)
3. A lot of old game music makers back in the day had no musical training and even today when I listen to some old stuff it is so obvious that they really don't know what they're doing, but they're still doing amazing stuff. So forget about musical training. It doesn't matter. You don't need it. Often, less knowledge means you're less limited in your mind.
4. If you can't play fast, play with feeling. If you can play fast and with feeling, I guess you're a lucky guy. :)
5. Synth is not tabu in rock music. Use it if you feel it adds to your music.
6. Can't sing? Fake it. Do it anyway, and see who you manage to piss off.
7. It's ok to get ideas from other songs and artists. It's not stealing, it's inspiration. A cool idea is to get inspired(tm) by other _kinds_ of music than what you're making yourself. It can often give rise to new forms of originality.

A few audio engineering extras:
1. What makes something sound phat and punchy does NOT originate in the lower bass region. Subharmonics are cool. If you're a german fighter pilot.
2. It's easy to overdo distortion. Distortion is great, and you should use it on more than guitars, but beware of going totally insane with the massive shredness. It
sounds cool on one guitar when you play alone in your room, your door closed as you huddle down upon your axe, feeling it all over and stroking its neck (yes oh yes)  ;D But in a mix, you should be wary of the consequences.

Shit, that's all I got. Hope it helps.

Oh, and one last thing (if you're gonna write lyrics). The war against oppression and injustice is so much cooler than any war on brown people. But you could just stay safe, and write songs about love like the boybands do.  8) -out-
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 11:49:14 am by robert »

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 08:14:51 pm »
woah...nice one rob

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 05:46:59 am »
Hehe, thanks ... Almost broke a sweat on that one. :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

chompy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 02:17:06 am »
6. Can't sing? Fake it. Do it anyway, and see who you manage to piss off.
I'll remember that for next time, what next time you should ask? I dont know, just next time