Author Topic: Paganfest!  (Read 1547 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Paganfest!
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:32:26 am »
My friend and I are going down to NYC to indulge our Nordic-obsessed selves in a concert featuring Ensiferum, Turisas, Tyr, and some other band I don't remember a band called Eluveitie. So I'll be gone for two-three days, depending on how exhausted I am when I get back. So I'll see ya then! ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:16:36 am by Harvey Danger »
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
Re: Paganfest!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »
I heard of Ensiferum!! (but not of the rest... and I don't remember if I liked them.)
Have fun :D

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:08:00 am »
I'm back! This show has helped reaffirm two things:

1.) Turisas is awesome, and even awesomer live (they stole the show, sorry Ensiferum)

2.) Scandinavian chicks are beautiful. Metal chicks are also beautiful. Combined, these make for an amazing woman.

Tyr was really cool, Eluveitie was like a combination of In Flames and Celtic music (lots of moshing for that one... headbanging with a flute!), and Turisas was one of the most fun shows I've ever had the pleasure to experience. We didn't stay for Ensiferum (after Turisas, there was no way they could have topped it), but from what I saw they looked like they had a tight live show, although it was impossible to hear the keyboards. They were a lot less impressive and... well, manly than I had expected, for a band making music like they do.

All in all, it was worth it, even though the bus ride back sucked and dinner was expensive. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:36:23 am »
Glad that your trip was succesful :D Turisas is something that I wish to see live some day as well. Should not be that difficult as they are from Finland as well. Wish that I could have more time and money in my hands...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:48:15 am »
Glad that your trip was succesful :D Turisas is something that I wish to see live some day as well. Should not be that difficult as they are from Finland as well. Wish that I could have more time and money in my hands...

Bring friends and family with you if you do. ;D I guarantee they'll enjoy it, too.