Author Topic: Timesplitters 2  (Read 2670 times)

Offline beldimus

• I'm a llama!
Timesplitters 2
« on: April 04, 2004, 05:36:06 pm »
this game is as hard as game can be.
arcade missions are almost impossible to get to platinum.
Ive played this game for over a year now, I have been very frustrated with it. I still play it about 6 times a day, It just never gets old, or then im just a masochist.
Because nothing is more irritating than a game that you just have to play, but in the end it just makes you want to commit suicide.
Does anyone else own this game?
If you like hard games, TS2 is your game. :D

Offline outrider

• MAY PRE-HOUSE THE SEAMY SIDE VOLITATION!!!
    • outrider.mag-murphy.net
Re:Timesplitters 2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 05:48:32 pm »
I do. The whole gameplay concept is extremely similar to Goldeneye or Perfect Dark... the first level in story mode alone is Goldeneye++.

A short lookup on Mobygames also reveals that all of these three games were apparently written/designed by the same guy and share a few other developers as well... and it bloody well shows. :)
Hell is a pretty rotten place. Not only is it damn hot, its inhabitants also have a rather deranged sense of humour. (R. Karsmakers)

Offline Mevoki

• Dancing shrimp!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 12:30:05 am »
I've played Time Splitters 2 on my game cube very much. So much that I've got arthritis in my right tumb :'(
Now days I can only play a couple of hours per day...
But it was fun as long as it lasted ;D
Jag är den onda knä-hamstern

Offline beldimus

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:08:56 pm »
I do. The whole gameplay concept is extremely similar to Goldeneye or Perfect Dark... the first level in story mode alone is Goldeneye++.

A short lookup on Mobygames also reveals that all of these three games were apparently written/designed by the same guy and share a few other developers as well... and it bloody well shows. :)

Yeah, I know. Rare was the developer of GE and PD
Then Rare kicked out the team that had made these games, they moved to FreeRadical and made the game Timesplitters 2. :)

Offline beldimus

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 12:09:21 pm »
I've played Time Splitters 2 on my game cube very much. So much that I've got arthritis in my right tumb :'(
Now days I can only play a couple of hours per day...
But it was fun as long as it lasted ;D

I share your pain. :)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 05:49:04 pm »
reminds me of my grandmother.. she played Mario Brothers until she got a blister on her thumb.. at 70... :D
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 12:44:14 am »
nice! reminds me of...me, last wednesday.

Offline Jusargh

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 06:22:15 pm »
Timesplitters 2 is one of the best Gamecube games I have played. It's absolutely fantastic. First it seems that it's impossible to get platinum from arcade missions, but after all it's not that hard. You just need to practise and play same level about thousand times.  :P

I'm really waiting for Timesplitters 3 to be released.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 05:01:01 am »
Time Splitters 2 is a damn good game, I prefer the orginal for some reason though. What memories, I had alot of play time under my stats on that. I wish I could find the i-link stuff to play with more people on it.

On the subject of Time Spliters 3 there has been some rumours Free Radical will not be making it as they are currently working on another project viewable at their website. I hope this isn't true though, I would hate to see another dev come along and ruin it :|
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester