Author Topic: New Songs Sux!  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Z01db3rg

• Player One
New Songs Sux!
« on: April 01, 2004, 10:46:26 pm »
The ones available for public on your site, Super Steve and Player One are not good at all.
I hope the rest of the cd won't be as crappy...
The songs are too darn... soft.
I want the old Machinae back.
This is my favourite time of the day.
Well, there it goes.
http://www.linusstaaf.com

MDX

Re:New Songs Sux!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:20:51 pm »
Hey look its z01db3rg and his "machinae material is crap" group..

(looks over, sees z01db3rg.. a cuddly toy, and a dead donkey with 2 flys picking from it's ring.. ugh)

Yep.. pretty popular support, pretty popular..

I like it tbh. Good job guys, i trust you guys will just keep releasing good stuff like this, so i may enjoy it for long amounts of time time.

-
MDX
--|.-

Offline Xaminor

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:21:58 pm »
I agree, unfortunately  :-\. Before the release I couldnt wait to order the cd but now im not so sure at all to order it or not...

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:43:02 pm »
Oh yee of little faith.

First of of all, "Player One" is a good song and very "Machinae".

Secondly, you've probably paid $0 for the ~25 tracks / ~180MB of music that they've already made available (which you've listened to how many hours?); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES so really, I don't see how investing a few dollars in the album could possibly be a bad deal.

You're not obligated to take that into consideration of course, but wouldn't it make sense? Just how strapped for cash are you that you can't go the distance and support the band and what they've done, after all these years of not being able to support them financially in any way or form?

And for the record, I just completed my order of two CDs proper. One for me, and one I'm giving away to a friend.

I think I'm leaning to the "Okay, so you don't like it? Can you at least not whine about it as long as you're out $0? Thanks" way of thinking.
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!

sobella_science

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 12:03:50 am »
Oh have mercy 8)

Everyone is titled to have their own opinion. But, yeah...

I like the songs anyway, and are awaiting the album release. Good work guys! *thumbs up  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

oh oh oh...any plans for a releaseparty? huh? plz? ;D

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 12:51:53 am »
The ones available for public on your site, Super Steve and Player One are not good at all.
I hope the rest of the cd won't be as crappy...
The songs are too darn... soft.
I want the old Machinae back.

I think you're gonna like a lot of the songs on the album. Have a little faith.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:56:11 am by Gordon »

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 12:55:31 am »
oh oh oh...any plans for a releaseparty? huh? plz? ;D

We're thinking about it... And we'll let u know when and where when decided.  :)

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline palhoto

• Don't stop
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 01:23:58 am »
I think you're gonna like a lot of the songs on the album. Have a little faith.  ;)
Flagcarrier... I can't wait :o
Palhoto
Lisbon, Portugal: balanced weather all year long 8)
Hope to see you at the Euro2004 and/or at Rock in Rio ;)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 01:49:43 am »
I think "player one" is very much "the old" machinae supremacy ... in every way ... but "super steve" is a very different kind of song for us, so I can imagine some people were not prepared for that one. :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline palhoto

• Don't stop
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 02:34:03 am »
I think "player one" is very much "the old" machinae supremacy ... in every way ... but "super steve" is a very different kind of song for us, so I can imagine some people were not prepared for that one. :)
I must confess "Super Steve" took a few loops to get completely assimilated, it clashed my listening patterns at first, I wasn't ready for it. This is always a great sign, you're music is evolving, keep experimenting ;). This is one reason why I pretty much enjoy Depeche Mode, they keep evolving and surprise me every step of the way.

Some keywords that come to mind as I listen to "Super Steve": Sprint, dodge, joy, glide. I can't describe it better yet.
Palhoto
Lisbon, Portugal: balanced weather all year long 8)
Hope to see you at the Euro2004 and/or at Rock in Rio ;)

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 03:01:34 am »
> Sprint, dodge, joy, glide.

Don't know if I should admit to this, but... "Super Steve" makes me think of Rick Dangerous.

I'm not really sure why, it just does.
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 07:27:24 am »
I liked new songs. Sure, I had to listen them couple of times before I got in but that same went on with some songs that Machinae published later. If you listen Machinae Supremacy's songs there are "originals" that were on the site from the start, then there are "laters" which were published later. And those differ from "originals" much. I did not like "laters" so much at first (althou they were good) but when I listened them some more I found out how they should be taken and to which direction band was "leading" us.

Really : if band does songs with same (hit-proof) formulae every time it gets boring. They might sound great but what after two- or three CD's that sell well 'cause they are based on same formulae? It's really hard to try to do something new when you have done it same way many times. When you have your style but still keep on experimenting and growing it's more rewarding to both band and fans to search for the limits together. That way music can reach more people from different classes and backgrounds without being "mainstream". It does unify people that way more. If you don't have to do some work for getting in song(s) as a listener it's not so rewarding as that flash of realization when you get in train.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 11:09:15 am »
When I llistened to Player one the first time it felt a bit uncomfortable, but I think it's like trying out new shoes, you have to wear it in.
Super Steve felt better, it introduces a new kind of Machinae sound and it was quite nice to hum along.

Also, if it's anything like other albums on the market, the songs that you hear first is usually the worst ones. :)
e.g. Crash Test Dummies - Mmm mmm mmm mmm is definitely the worst song on God Shuffled his Feet IMHO.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Z01db3rg

• Player One
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 11:35:52 am »
Don't get me wrong.
Just because the music isn't good doesn't mean I won't buy the record.
If the rest of the songs aren't great either, I'll just consider is as support for the band and thanks for the free songs.

And who wouldn't love to hear Attack Music (album version)?
This is my favourite time of the day.
Well, there it goes.
http://www.linusstaaf.com

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 11:47:57 am »
Yeah, a new attack music is really exciting!

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii