Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails: The Slip  (Read 10564 times)

Lysix

Re: Nine Inch Nails: The Slip
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 05:21:35 pm »
Well i cant really be more constructive. The 'guitar' sounds like a pack of flies in my ears and the drum sound is somewhat hollow. The vocals are ok but nothing special. The songs are mostly quite boring (this is just my opinion). I do understand if some people like this alot and stuff, but i'd really like to know whats all the fuzz about? And just for the record, ive never really liked electronica i just thought i give NIN a listen because its free and everyone is all OMGZORX about it.

i guess you have to be into this sort of thing to get a better feel for it, and i understand if you dislike it. just remember that no music is "crap" (apart from the blatantly bad things that are out of time, off pitch etc). [:

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
I'd like to listen to the FLAC files, but stupid Trent had to make them torrents, and I can't get them that way. :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 06:32:49 pm »
I really dig Discipline. :)

NIN is great because while all his music shares a feel, each album is inherently different. The Slip, Year Zero, Ghosts, and With Teeth are all very, very different albums. NIN fans will like them all (for the most part), people that arn't long time listeners may really enjoy With Teeth, like Year Zero, but not enjoy Ghosts or The Slip at all - for example.

If you're new to NIN, check out some other albums. They do sound very different, but they're all Nine Inch Nails.

Anywho, I'm really enjoying The Slip. Good stuff.

Offline MorpH

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 03:44:30 pm »
Awesome album, and the most awesome part is that its free.. :D
not that it would have stopped me anyways, but its good to see some artists are more about the music than the money.. :)

Offline Carstuar

• Violator
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 05:15:55 pm »
I'd like to listen to the FLAC files, but stupid Trent had to make them torrents, and I can't get them that way. :(

Torrents are the future, and the future is awesome.
I seek only where to find you

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 09:44:49 pm »

And awesome is free.

So much fuzz on this :( Can't say it'll ever be a favourite from Bent.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »

And awesome is free.

Won't be too awesome for me. :'(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 11:19:14 pm »
This was... weird, like Ghosts, but with vocals.

Definitely something I'll listen too when I get my iPhone (A.K.A never it seems. :<), or just when I sit at the computer. :)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 03:43:47 am »
i was expecting a lot more fuzziness from what all y'all were saying, but i didn't think it was astounding. But then again i've never heard nin before ghosts so maybe it's just by contrast.

in any case i rather liked it; certainly impressive for such a short production time.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 10:22:40 pm »
Cor, another album so soon? I'll not be able to check this out till tomorrow night though. Ghosts was rather boring, let's hope this makes up for it.
DRAMA