Author Topic: Aion: Tower of Eternity  (Read 31556 times)

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
Re: Aion: Tower of Eternity
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 02:28:58 pm »
It uses the CryTEK engine. Like, woah, this will never run on my laptop. xD
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

MDX

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 03:20:44 pm »
New Korean styled characters with a heigtened sense of awesomeness to its far cry engine, i present to you, well NCSoft present to you.. Aion: Tower of Eternity. This thing looks good enough to blow ALL MMOs including WoW outta the water. Big time. The graphics are simply superb:

I'm afraid i covered that in my OP :( lol read my posts you gits! Lets all pre-order now tbh.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »
New Korean styled characters with a heigtened sense of awesomeness to its far cry engine, i present to you, well NCSoft present to you.. Aion: Tower of Eternity. This thing looks good enough to blow ALL MMOs including WoW outta the water. Big time. The graphics are simply superb:

I'm afraid i covered that in my OP :( lol read my posts you gits! Lets all pre-order now tbh.

Yes, and unlike WoW let's make sure we're on the same server when it comes!

MDX

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 07:43:46 pm »
YES, i agree wholeheartedly, lets keep it together, for the kids guys, for the kids.

Lysix

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 10:02:24 pm »
can we safely assume this isn't just another mmo that promises groundbreaking stuff but fails? it looks amazing, i'll admit, but gameplay wise what is it offering?

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 10:46:18 pm »

I did read it, I just realized it right then. ;D

And also, I'll only pre-order if I find out that it isn't a monthly subscription (can't pay for a monthly subscription for any game) and that it's not World of Grindcraft (grinding ftl. :()
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:08:01 am by Bocom »
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

MDX

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 02:08:04 am »
I can almost gurantee it is monthly subscription, but probably more like World of Warcraft, i.e. pay for so many months in one go, rather than pay each month.

Source: http://aion.curse.com/c/aion/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:09:43 am by megadökyo »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 08:51:16 am »
I can almost gurantee it is monthly subscription, but probably more like World of Warcraft, i.e. pay for so many months in one go, rather than pay each month.

Source: http://aion.curse.com/c/aion/

Argh, my dreams shattered. D:

3 months for reaching the level-cap? like, commitment anyone? That'll be like 6 months for me. >_>

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 09:58:31 am »
That doesn't seem like toooo much, and i'm at about a 2/10 level of enthusiasm for MMOs in general (maybe i shouldn't be making one then). on the other hand, maybe it's like when people say "twilight princess should offer 50 hours of gameplay or something!" and it's clearly only about 16 if you dawdle.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

MDX

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 10:13:54 am »
Look at it this way, theyve seen the mistakes blizzard have made and that blizzard are ammending, and even the ones blizzard have yet to ammend, they are taking care of with this release, there is plenty of time, september is ages away, i have faith this will be a good game but i want my hands on the beta release!

Lysix

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 03:07:42 pm »
3 months for reaching the level-cap? like, commitment anyone? That'll be like 6 months for me. >_>

you've obviously never played a decent MMO before. ones that take months of playtime and commitment to get your character to the top. thats the sort of game i love. it was a nice moment when my priest in WoW finally hit 70 (i was super casual) as it was an interesting journey of meeting new people, killing giantass monsters and just overall enjoying myself.
aion looks stunning, thats for sure. if it lives up to the hype, i can see alot of blizzards semi hardcore playerbase shifting sides. but then, with warhammer online, age of conan and other such games coming out, i think WoW has had its moment. all other companies have seen what they've done wrong, saw what blizzard did right (as mdx mentioned) and are making games with these features.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:09:17 pm by Lysander »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:17 pm »

you've obviously never played a decent MMO before. ones that take months of playtime and commitment to get your character to the top. thats the sort of game i love. it was a nice moment when my priest in WoW finally hit 70 (i was super casual) as it was an interesting journey of meeting new people, killing giantass monsters and just overall enjoying myself.
aion looks stunning, thats for sure. if it lives up to the hype, i can see alot of blizzards semi hardcore playerbase shifting sides. but then, with warhammer online, age of conan and other such games coming out, i think WoW has had its moment. all other companies have seen what they've done wrong, saw what blizzard did right (as mdx mentioned) and are making games with these features.

I play WoW on a private server right now (I know, I know), one that has slightly higher rates than the Blizzard servers. I am currently 48, and my friends that play are 70, 70 and 56. The one with 56 used to play on the official servers until TBC was released, so he was level 60 there. He started after me, some time later too, and he's gone past me. I suck at leveling, I have no idea where to do it, so I end up slacking behind, while my friends have all the fun. The exact same thing happens on Ragnarök Online. I am just a terrible MMO player. >_>

And I don't know if I can pay to play because, unless there's some kind of pre-paid cards, then I can't pay, because my parents won't do it, and I am only 17.

Lysix

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 08:27:30 pm »
really? i got a debit card when i was sixteen, don't you get one sometime soon?

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 08:38:14 pm »

I did too, but I actually had a source of income (I would assume you did, too), which I think may be his problem.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 09:31:57 pm »

I did too, but I actually had a source of income (I would assume you did, too), which I think may be his problem.

Indeed, it's the source of income that's my largest concern. I get 1050 SEK every month, by studying. The problem is, 500 SEK is put away to pay for my cellphone (Telenor is a damn rip-off! >:(), and the rest is money that I COULD use. BUT WAIT! I need to pay for other stuff too, like, I really want a computer that can play the newest games (and games like HL2 and stuff), so I gotta save up for that, and other small expenses are supposed to be paid by me too. Which leaves me with very little space to move around with, economy wise.