Author Topic: Booze  (Read 15152 times)

Offline LoveLostGunfire

• Chained, near my heart, a bullet and a cross......
    • Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire
Re: Booze
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 04:36:54 am »
 :o Holy crap, I didn't realize who that guy was until I saw his picture. Good thing I have my mouse speed set so high. There were some questionable pictures I doubt I could explain away to my mother.

All that being said...when my mother isn't hovering around here I'm going to see if this stuff is available in Canada. Unless someone here knows off the bat?

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »
Yeah, Ron Jeremy's older works are not very family friendly.

Being that he's an American and ecb was able to get some all the way in Sweden I think you'll be able to get it in Canadia. More likely in liquor shops that carry specialty liquors.

My girlfriend's parents bought me some Powers Gold Label Special Reserve 12 year. It's omnom. Very smooth (and therefore, dangerous) blended Irish whiskey. Sometimes I take the cork out just to sniff it, it smells so good.

Next to try is Redbreast, and then some Pappy Van Winkle 15 because I want some bourbon.

If anyone is looking for good rye whiskey to try, check out this article.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »
Gotta acquire myself some good drinks - and god damn soon! Talking about those whiskeys and bourbons, seeing them bottles and hearing Harvey's sweet words made me feel warm and desiring... The color, the smell, the taste... the fire... Ah...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 08:51:08 pm »
Since it seems my going out tonight was cancelled by an external agency, I might just have a sip of one of my other favourites: Blanton's Kentucky Straight Bourbon. It is an excellent single barrel bourbon with a bottle shaped as the Holy Hand Grenade and a tin horse attached to the cork. Classy.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 12:11:52 am »
I just remembered that I got bottle of rum... somewhere... and one bottle of apparently good whiskey, also, somewhere else... or atleast I think so, gotta find it first. Rum's whereabouts I kind of guess or remember well but that bottle of whiskey, that's a tricky one... If I can find it - and I surely will someday! - but if I will find it tomorrow I might actually take some of them goodis after kids have went to sleep. Will post more details when I've found my precioussssss, the rummy treasury.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:04 am »
well i pretty much have only drank rum these past 5 years when i have something stronger and after tested shitload of rums gotta say

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 años
Bacardi 8 years old gold rum
Angostura 1919 12 years old
El Dorado 12 years old

pretty much hit the top both in quality/price comparison

Have tasted alot of more expensive rums and they are okay but if you want quality around 50 euro price range I recomend these.

Next in the list I have Ron Zacapa XO thats around 150e bottle but gotta try it

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »
El Dorado 12 years old
That one I've tried and love it <3

Offline LoveLostGunfire

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 12:56:17 am »
At the risk of sounding like such a girl, I must ask this question...and the reason I'm asking is because you guys seem pretty knowledgeable in the realm of alcoholic beverages. I'm not sure if that extends only to "the hard stuff" but I guess I'll find out.

My mother's been looking for a good rosé and I recently purchased one made in Ontario (at the advice of a friend) but she didn't like it. I tasted it the other day and it is somewhat stronger/sharper tasting than I would have thought it to be. Soooo yeah. If anyone here has any idea of a rosé on the sweeter side, let me know.

If I'm silly and this is nothing but rambling, please do ignore me and carry on about rum, bourbon and what have you....and sorry for changing the "topic"  :-[

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 07:22:51 am »
Since it seems my going out tonight was cancelled by an external agency, I might just have a sip of one of my other favourites: Blanton's Kentucky Straight Bourbon. It is an excellent single barrel bourbon with a bottle shaped as the Holy Hand Grenade and a tin horse attached to the cork. Classy.

I found some of this at my local store. I was very tempted to buy it but I have to save money for taxes this year as I neglected/forgot to save all last year.

LLG:

Unfortunately I can't help you much there. Despite working in a restaurant with a large wine cellar and moving a lot of bottles I never actually got the chance to taste them. :(

We did sell a lot of this, Cape Bleue Rosé: http://www.palmbay.com/jean-luc-colombo-cape-bleue-rose.htm
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline LoveLostGunfire

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »
I really appreciate this, thank you! I'll look into that for sure...I mean, there must be a reason they sold a lot of that.

Happy drinking, everyone :)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 07:11:14 am »
I got to have some Blanton's yesterday at my family's Easter get-together. Pretty omnommy.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:27 am »
Yay Blanton's!

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 08:47:57 am »
Bit of a necro, but booze never goes out of fashion.

Still a Rum person after everything I've tried so far. Works well depending on the type of day it is, dark or white.

But coming up a close second is Gin, a good Gin and Lemonlime Soda mix is fantastic, especially since its effin hot as shit here during the summer. And coming up as bronze, is the ol Vodka, any mix, but oddly enough, Vanilla Vodka with some Sunny D is a 1:1 Orange Creamsicle taste.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
Booze necro is best necro. I have been poor the last few years, so I haven't really been able to expand my booze-repertoire. Still chugging along on whisky and rum, mostly. Gonna buy myself some more whiskys when I get a job in September.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »
I blend fruit smoothies and put amaretto in it. Derp.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.