Author Topic: Very Serious... Kidnapping  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Very Serious... Kidnapping
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:23:44 pm »
This is mainly for the British people of the forums but who knows where else it happens?

Anyway:

Please take a minute to read this. This is very scary and could happen to any of us.. Seems like every nice thing people do for one another can be perverted.

A new twist on kidnapping from a very smart survivor:

About a month ago there was a woman standing by the mall entrance passing out flyers to all the women going in. The woman had written the flyer herself to tell about an experience she had, so that she might warn other women.

The previous day, this woman had finished shopping, went out to her car and discovered that she had a flat.

She got the jack out of the trunk and began to change the flat. A nice man dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase walked up to her and said, 'I noticed you're changing a flat tire. Would you like me

to take care of it for you?'

The woman was grateful for his offer and accepted his help. They chatted amiably while the man changed the flat, and then put the flat tire and the jack in the trunk, shut it and dusted his hands off.

The woman thanked him profusely, and as she was about to get in her car, the man told her that he left his car around on the other side of the mall, and asked if she would mind giving him a lift to his car.

She was a little surprised and she asked him why his car was on other side.

He explained that he had seen an old friend in the mall that he hadn't seen for some time and they had a bite to eat, visited for a while, and he got turned around in the mall and left through the wrong exit, and now he was running late.

The woman hated to tell him 'no' because he had just rescued her from having to change her flat tire all by herself, but she! felt un easy. (Trust that gut feeling!)

Then she remembered seeing the man put his briefcase in her trunk before shutting it and before he asked her for a ride to his car.
She told him that she'd be happy to drive him around to his car, But she just remembered one last thing she needed to buy. (Smart woman!!)

She said she would only be a few minutes; he could sit down in her car and wait for her; she would be as quick as she could be
She hurried into the mall, and told a security guard what had happened, the guard came out to her car with her, but the
man had left. They opened the trunk, took out his locked briefcase and took it down to the police station.

The police opened it (ostensibly to look for ID so they could return it to the man). What they found was rope, duct tape, and knives. When the police checked her 'flat' tire, there was nothin g wrong with it; the air had simply been let out. It was obvious what the man's intention was, and obvious that he had carefully thought it out in advance. The woman was blessed to have escaped harm. (Amen, thank you, God!)

How much worse it would have been if she had children with her and had them wait in the car while the man fixed the tire, or if she had a baby strapped into a car seat? Or if she'd gone against her judgment and given him a lift?

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.

A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only; but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc.., you may want to pass it on to them, as well.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that The world we live in has a lot of crazies in it. Better to be safe than sorry.

PLEASE BE SAFE AND NOT
SORRY

Seriously, forward this on dudes/ettes
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

Re: Very Serious... Kidnapping
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:34:56 pm »
Pointless chain mail.
I'm surprised it didn't have "FORWARD THIS TO 20 PEOPLE OTHERWISE THIS MAN WILL COME KILL YOU IN YOUR CAR OMG" xD.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:39:26 pm by Lysander »

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:44:18 pm »
It's not really pointless, but as a chainmail, yeah, it is. I got it ages ago and just got it again today. :B
Quote from: Still Not Fiindil
Annie, you ain't fucking human.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:50:19 pm »
Pointless chain mail.
I'm surprised it didn't have "FORWARD THIS TO 20 PEOPLE OTHERWISE THIS MAN WILL COME KILL YOU IN YOUR CAR OMG" xD.

Don't cry when your mum doesn't come home one day Alex.

It's ignorant people like you who it happens to, so good luck in life at being a twat :)
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Annie

• My tumblr, lul.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:57:28 pm »
Pointless chain mail.

It's ignorant people like you who it happens to, so good luck in life at being a twat :)

Unnecessary, both of you. >:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:59:23 pm by AnnieFannie »
Quote from: Still Not Fiindil
Annie, you ain't fucking human.

Lysix

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:01:34 pm »

Yikes. Calm down [:
I'm just saying i don't think fowarding emails is a smart way to raise awareness. We need proper campaigns and more information readily available. What that woman supposedly did with the flyers is a good start, though. It's nice to see people take initiative!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:20:54 pm by Lysander »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 02:13:21 pm »
I think its good that people try to raise awareness on this situation, however, keep it friendly guys. :]

MDX

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 07:00:01 pm »
Rad speaks the truth, if you're gonna be nasty use handbags and make high pitched noise while beating each other over the back with your purses. Otherwise don't bother. It's boring now.

Anyway, that is scary stuff, but there's alot of scary stuff, seems awareness fades if it is not produced in such ways as this. My mums in belfast, meh, sad times i have now.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 07:00:20 pm »
You know what I find more disturbing than a man setting up a trap such as that? It's there's someone  out there making up these stories. Yes, I challenge you to find an authentic news story of this event! I bet you won't find anything.

I hate those comments in brackets that you get in these emails:
(Smart woman!!)
(Trust that gut feeling!)
(Amen, thank you, God!)
It's bad enough that this is being written without the retarded commentary on the side.

MDX

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
You know what I find more disturbing than a man setting up a trap such as that? It's there's someone  out there making up these stories. Yes, I challenge you to find an authentic news story of this event! I bet you won't find anything.

(Smart woman!!)
(Amen, thank you, God!)
It's bad enough that this is being written without the retarded commentary on the side.

I suppose you're right, but the story itself i referring to as quite shocking in its raw form, the commentary does strip away alot of the "very serious" ness from it though.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »

(Smart woman!!)
(Amen, thank you, God!)

I suppose you're right, but the story itself i referring to as quite shocking in its raw form, the commentary does strip away alot of the "very serious" ness from it though.

Exactly, if it hadn't been written in such a way I could've been fooled into thinking this was real.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:09:54 pm »
Can we have a new rule: "No chain letters plz"? Honestly, I rate these things on par with penis enlargement and v1@gr@ spam. Even though it may be well-intended, it really serves no purpose at all. Yeah, the world is a fuckin' dangerous place to live, but if you went around worrying all the time (egads, terrorists may blow me up, zomg, people may kidnap me, oh dear, I could be hit by a falling airplane any moment now, my dog could be abducted by aliens etc.), you'd lose all quality of life.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »
Yeah, the world is a fuckin' dangerous place to live, but if you went around worrying all the time...you'd lose all quality of life.
All the wisdom in the world in couple of lines :D Reminds me quite much about one of my favourite writers that once said :

"A cheerful countenance is a token of a heart that is in prosperity; and the finding out of parables is a wearisome labour of the mind."

Yeah... Thinking too much wears one out :D
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Deep

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 11:08:49 pm »

(Smart woman!!)
(Amen, thank you, God!)

Snopes'd.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=57;t=001016;p=1

Smeagol

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 01:06:12 am »
I looked for the Snopes entry on this for about 30 seconds then got distracted by the long list of crap I hadn't previously read. Mostly because Snopes is more interesting than reading mass chain letter spam.