Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts  (Read 6549 times)

Lysix

Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:30:50 pm »
Merely a year after Year Zero, Trent kicks everyone while they're down and releases a 36 track instrumental album.
The first 9 tracks are free to listen to, and from then it's either $5 for the entire album downloaded, $10 for the two disk digipack set or larger amounts for the sexier configurations. And i mean sexy.

Check it out. It's amazing, to be precise. "Music for daydreams".

http://ghosts.nin.com/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:48:14 pm by Lysander »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:45:35 pm »
It's worth noting that if you buy the album download, you can get the files in FLAC and Apple Lossless as well as mp3. All DRM-free,

Oh, and it seems Reznor encourages his fans to share the downloads. As in, sure, give those FLAC's to your friends as well.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:12:28 pm »
 :o  ;D  :o  ;D

Merry freakin Christmas us.

Awesome, thanks for sharing this. :)

Offline Deep

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 03:12:01 pm »
Awesome. I love Trent. Torrenting it now, I'll be seeding for a long while also :)

Lysix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 03:29:07 pm »
i hope you paid the $5 (aka £2.50) for it.

Offline Deep

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 03:33:48 pm »
i hope you paid the $5 (aka £2.50) for it.

Ofcourse, but I'm torrenting it too. Sharing is caring.

EDIT: Besides, the torrent only has the .mp3's - I want the FLAC's :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:37:52 pm by Deep »

Lysix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 03:46:33 pm »
if you want the flacs, why are you torrenting it :P

Offline Deep

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
if you want the flacs, why are you torrenting it :P

So I can share the love. I'm buying the FLAC's tonight when I get off my ass and get my card.

EDIT: Finally getting a chance to listen to it now, so far quite slow and ambient. Only on the second track though, probably wont get to listen to it all tonight so I'll update tomorrow.

EDIT2: Managed to listen through last night as I was sleeping. I thought it said "music for daydreams" not "music for nightmares" - it gets seriously disturbed near to the end, really strange freaky stuff in some of the songs. Stopped me from sleeping because some of the songs were just so damn strange..

Although, there are some that stand out, but I wouldn't really be able to pick certain ones that I like. It all just flows really well. Lots of ups and downs, keeps alternating between slow and fast songs.

One thing's for sure, it's seriously fucking LONG. 1hr 50minutes 7seconds. Weh.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:55:42 am by Deep »

Offline Kobi

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 07:09:28 pm »
I had only heard of NIN througe Trent's mocking of the recordindustry but after downloading the 9 first songs and listening througe them I like it. Espesially the first songs of the 9 are damn good. Not sure if I buy it still. We'll see.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42:38 pm »
I had only heard of NIN througe Trent's mocking of the recordindustry but after downloading the 9 first songs and listening througe them I like it. Espesially the first songs of the 9 are damn good. Not sure if I buy it still. We'll see.

Wait, you've never heard of NIN? Crazy! You're missing out on a whole lot of great music. I wouldn't be suprised if you've heard alot of NIN singles though, some of them are wildly popular songs (Closer, Head Like a Hole, Hand that Feeds, Only, Survivalism to name a few). Theres a long list of tracks you've probably heard on the radio or in films, though.

Anywho.... I bought my FLAC copy of Ghosts last night. I'm really diggin it. I haven't had a chance to convert the FLAC's to something my mp3 player can use yet though, so I haven't been able to listen today... But it seems like a nice long ambient jam session type soundscape, which is great for when you're working on some things and want something to keep your eyes occupied without distracting you too much.

I enjoy ambient type stuff, I think I'll like this. I do hope, however, that Reznor does the second part of Year Zero soon... I'm pretty sure its supposed to have a sequal. :)

Offline Kobi

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:13:58 pm »

Wait, you've never heard of NIN? Crazy! You're missing out on a whole lot of great music. I wouldn't be suprised if you've heard alot of NIN singles though, some of them are wildly popular songs (Closer, Head Like a Hole, Hand that Feeds, Only, Survivalism to name a few). Theres a long list of tracks you've probably heard on the radio or in films, though.

Maybe I have. Can't say. Don't change the fact that I'm digging it.  8)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 04:39:37 pm »
That's awesome. I highly recommend With Teeth and Year Zero. His older albums are fantastic as well, but I've grown to really like the new sober Reznor. Theres a big gap in NIN discography as he spiraled a bit out of control and then sobered up completely and became an entirely new person. I think when he performs his older songs now, they sound amazingly better. Thats a huge long story we don't need to get into, but I love Trent Reznor's work... and as a person, I find him to be a bit of an inspiration.

Glad to know ya like it. I think you'll like the more typical NIN stuff too then, hes got great vocals in my opinion. :)

Lysix

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 11:32:10 pm »
I find him to be a bit of an inspiration.

a bit? he's like a father figure due to the absence of said parent. that, and the sole reason i make my own stuff.

MDX

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 02:09:15 pm »
You've never been inspired by cookies to write a song? Weird.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:39 pm »
Maybe those internet cookies that mess up your computer.. i'd call it 'shady cookies'..