Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy @ Roskilde Festival 08?  (Read 5399 times)

Offline dangerbob

• feel the beat
Machinae Supremacy @ Roskilde Festival 08?
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:23:36 am »
Hey.
Roskilde Festival just sent an email where you can list your 3 danish acts, 3 scandinavian acts and 3 international acts that you want to play at the Roskilde Festival 08.
I think this could be a great opportunity for the band if they were to play at one of the biggest festivals in the world. Many bands gets more notice after playing at such sized festivals.

Here is the link to the wish-list.
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/index.php?id=1631

I encourage all people who are going to the festival to vote for Machinae Supremacy under the Scandinavian Act.. :)
beeotch

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
Re: Machinae Supremacy @ Roskilde Festival 08?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:25 pm »
Hey.
Roskilde Festival just sent an email where you can list your 3 danish acts, 3 scandinavian acts and 3 international acts that you want to play at the Roskilde Festival 08.
I think this could be a great opportunity for the band if they were to play at one of the biggest festivals in the world. Many bands gets more notice after playing at such sized festivals.

Here is the link to the wish-list.
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/index.php?id=1631

I encourage all people who are going to the festival to vote for Machinae Supremacy under the Scandinavian Act.. :)

Voted for some bands, including MaSu.

Offline Carstuar

• Violator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:20:29 pm »
Voted for Kaizers Orchestra and MaSu.
I seek only where to find you

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »
Biggest festival in the world ? Never heard of it.
-sorry about this new post-

Offline LordXaras

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:58:27 pm »
Voterizated.

Offline dangerbob

• feel the beat
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:20:19 pm »

From wiki:

Roskilde Festival is held south of Roskilde in Denmark and is one of the three biggest annual rock music festivals in Europe (the other two being the Sziget Festival and the Glastonbury Festival). It was created in 1971 by two high school students, Mogens Sandfær and Jesper Switzer Møller, and promoter Carl Fischer[1]. In 1973, the festival was taken over by the Roskilde Foundation, who has since run the festival as a non-profit organisation for development and support of music, culture, and humanism.

Basically, it is the 2nd biggest festival in europe. So basically it is one of the biggest festivals in the world.. not the biggest, but still on the toplist.
beeotch

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 04:50:32 pm »

From wiki:

Roskilde Festival is held south of Roskilde in Denmark and is one of the three biggest annual rock music festivals in Europe (the other two being the Sziget Festival and the Glastonbury Festival). It was created in 1971 by two high school students, Mogens Sandfær and Jesper Switzer Møller, and promoter Carl Fischer[1]. In 1973, the festival was taken over by the Roskilde Foundation, who has since run the festival as a non-profit organisation for development and support of music, culture, and humanism.

Basically, it is the 2nd biggest festival in europe. So basically it is one of the biggest festivals in the world.. not the biggest, but still on the toplist.

Certainly not the second biggest festival in Europe...

Wacken Open Air, Graspop, Dowload Festival, Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park are by far the biggest festivals, the most famous ones, and I haven't even spoken of the scandinavian festivals like Metal Town in Sweden or Ruisrock and Tuska Open Air in Finland.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:00:01 pm »
Well, considering Roskilde has a few thousand more visitors than Graspop, I'd say it counts among the big festivals in EU.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »
who cares, as long as theyre playing there!

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 06:09:01 pm »
Well, considering Roskilde has a few thousand more visitors than Graspop, I'd say it counts among the big festivals in EU.

Is it a metal festival? If it's not metal that would explain why I don't know it ;D

Offline dangerbob

• feel the beat
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 09:43:42 pm »
Its bigger than Rock am ring and so on. :> And no, it is not a metal festival, but more of a music festival since everything from techno to death metal is played there. Loads of different bands plays during the festival.
beeotch

Offline dangerbob

• feel the beat
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:20 pm »
Oh, and rock am ring / rock im park are one of the biggest festivals in the world, when put together.
beeotch

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:16:54 pm »
Voted for Kaizers Orchestra and MaSu.

Awesome. I did the same, actually, without reading your post. Also voted for the (International) Noise Conspiracy, with some random smaller international bands as well.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 02:03:12 pm »
On festival sizes:

Wacken is indeed the biggest metal-exclusive festival in the world, with about 70k attendees last year. Roskilde still beats it in number of attendees by a factor of 1.5, and Glastonbury is well over 1.5 times that size again, and Sziget twice that size again.

Rock am Ring and Rock im Park may well be bigger than both Roskilde and Glastonbury when put together, though. I haven't seen numbers for any of those.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
On festival sizes:

Wacken is indeed the biggest metal-exclusive festival in the world, with about 70k attendees last year. Roskilde still beats it in number of attendees by a factor of 1.5, and Glastonbury is well over 1.5 times that size again, and Sziget twice that size again.

Rock am Ring and Rock im Park may well be bigger than both Roskilde and Glastonbury when put together, though. I haven't seen numbers for any of those.

Wow, impressive :o

But don't forget the Ozzfest, the biggest American metal fest \m/,