Author Topic: too old?  (Read 4669 times)

Wambo

too old?
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:38:16 pm »
first i have to excuse me for my bad english, haven't practised alot since shcool :)

to my question, you guys play awsome guitarre and the first time i heard your songs, i wanted to play by myself.

so i bought me a guitarre two weeks ago and my question is..

..am i to old with 20 years or is it possible with much training to get on this level sometimes?

i hope its possible to understand what i wrote

a MaSu fan from germany

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
Re: too old?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:18:06 pm »
Yes. Getting good with the guitar only takes a few years.
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:34:36 pm »
how is it that this person's post count is zero?

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:34:55 pm »
Random doesn't count.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

MDX

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:35:10 pm »
Depends on how much work you are willing and actually put into learning the very broad spectrum of guitar playing, if its fun for you keep at it, if not, keep at it. Guitar playing, i mean come on! ROCK

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:36:30 pm »
how is it that this person's post count is zero?
PIME TARADOX
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 10:45:43 pm »
You can never be too old to learn an instrument.

Of course, though, age-based disabilities can impair you a fair bit...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 11:39:39 pm »
in other words, learning the guitar while under the influence of Alzheimer's is an exercise in futility.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:12 am »
in other words, learning the guitar while under the influence of Alzheimer's is an exercise in futility.

bwahahahaha xD

pwn =x

Wambo

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 12:57:48 am »
thx for your answers.

jeah im pretty motivated to get better quickly and i practise 5-10 hours every day.

one more question, is it better with a teacher? some friends show me basic stuff and help me with this theme but i dont know if its enough but a teacher is really expensive nearby me.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 04:25:33 am »
thx for your answers.

jeah im pretty motivated to get better quickly and i practise 5-10 hours every day.

one more question, is it better with a teacher? some friends show me basic stuff and help me with this theme but i dont know if its enough but a teacher is really expensive nearby me.

Personally I think teachers are worth the money... although all they really do is organize your learning in such a way that it'd probably be easier for you than someone who went into it willy-nilly. All the information is present and able to be found, but if you'd rather have that info translated through a buffer of sorts to make it easier to understand, you can try a teacher.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12:05 pm »
thx for your answers.

I went to music school for like 6 years, I mostly learned classical guitar there. Tho I mostly play metal these times the music school has really been an advantage.

If you start to play by yourself, look up some tutorials and stuff the first like two years. I know a lot of beginnners on guitar that is totally stiff in their fingers and only uses 3 fingers and stuff. After you nail those technical things you probably are approved as a guitarist.