Author Topic: Anyone watch Cloverfield?  (Read 10344 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Anyone watch Cloverfield?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 07:29:46 pm »
It annoys me when films feel the need to completely explain themselves, it makes it seem like the makers think every single viewer is an idiot with absolutely no capacity for self-thought.

Unless the goings-on are so completely out of this world that not explaining them leaves viewers completely in the dark. :P

If you want an example of a good movie that managed to explain itself without feeding everything to you with a spoon, watch I Am Legend. Granted, if every movie did it like that, it would get old fast. But it shows that it is in fact possible to say "this is how we went from a normal life to crazy ridiculous event x" without making people feel like idiots.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 11:14:19 am »
I fas forwarded a lot. I barely even watched the parts where there were monsters...
I always skip the parts that make my brain want to fight to get kill itself from boredom and this movie was one long streak of boring for me.

I think I went through the movie in less than five minutes.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:33 pm »
Kinda late but just watched it. I must say that I'm really surprised in the positive way. It's not going to be one of my all-time-favorites but it's damn good movie still, IMO. I liked especially the atmosphere. The usage of sound made me want to have decent sound system in my living room. Also it's lenght is kinda short which was really good thing. I liked that "homevideo" style as well and how certain "non-homevideo" parts were shot when characters watched television news. There were some flaws in movie when it comes how characters acted and were played but none of them were not so big or bad that they deserve even a specific mention. Mostly because they were taste-dependable questions and very minor such and because overall quality was so good.

I will watch this movie again somewhere at autumn or winter if/when I have gotten new lamp for projector and maybe, hopefully, better sound system.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »
Ahh.. Vgcats. I remember when he did a rather amusing web comic. So long ago!
DRAMA