Author Topic: Your computer equipment?  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Carstuar

• Violator
Re: Your computer equipment?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:55 pm »
AMD Athlonâ„¢ XP 3000+
1GB of RAM
ATI Radeon x800 AGP 256MB
nForce2 audio (integrated)
Extremely dirty Logitech Keyboard (which I can't seem to find on their site anymore.)
Logitech MX518 mouse
2 Logitech speakers with a nice big subwoofer to annoy the upstairs neighbours.
Icemat headset to keep the neighbours from complaining, or to use voice chat without the annoying feedback you get from speakers.
HYUNDAI ImageQuest F230 21" CRT monitor. My pride and joy. Heavier than my old TV, and still a perfect image after all these years. <3

I built my computer about 4 years ago, and upgraded some parts about 2 years ago.
Never overclocked anything. Still works great for most of the games I play, with some tweaking. I always prefer performance above image quality. I run most games at 1024*768 or windowed/maximized at 1280*960 which is my desktop resolution. (with all detail options and stuff set to "low" or "off", except the few that actually affect gameplay.)
I seek only where to find you

Offline Aeon

Re: Your computer equipment?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:49 pm »
HYUNDAI ImageQuest F230 21" CRT monitor. My pride and joy. Heavier than my old TV, and still a perfect image after all these years. <3
21'' CRT? I want one! D:

Let's see...

The TIN CAN MK. I
Current status: Fully functional. Could use a HDD format, though.
Pentium 2 350 MHz
128 MB RAM
Integrated 32MB graphics card and sound card
20 GB + 4 GB (whoa) HDD
one (Samsung, I believe) CD drive and one LG CD recorder

Managed to run The Sims with all expansions (except Makin' Magic) on it, getting an average of 5 FPS, not bad. xP

The TIN CAN MK. II
Current status: Critical.
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ @ about 1100 MHz due to severe damage sustained (over-voltage that killed my mainborad)
256 MB RAM -DAMAGED-
Gigabyte GA7-VA XP (KT-400 TRITON series) mainboard - called "idiot-proof" because of dual BIOS and high durability. I've managed to break one, though, by increasing the voltage without a real reason. Oh well, I was a n00b in o/c back then.
Integrated sound card
Seagate Barracuda 20 GB -DAMAGED-
Seagate Barracuda IV 40 GB
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB
Codegen 350W power supply
Samsung CD drive and LG CD-DVD recorder

I've been using that rig for five years, changing only the mainboard, graphics card and HDD.

The TIN CAN MK. III
Current status: Fully functional.
Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2 GHz - you know, maybe I'll overclock it later, but I'm still pretty sore about that mainboard I destroyed...
GeIL 2x1 GB RAM DDR2
EVGA nForce 650i mainboard
Integrated sound card
Western Digital Caviar 160 GB HDD
Gigabyte GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB - my pride and epitome of kickass. Runs all new games on maxed out settings and on 1024*768 (my desktop resolution) with a constant 60 FPS. I guess it still gets pwned by Crysis, but oh well. Call of Duty 4 is better, anyway. ^^
Chieftec 400W power supply
Chieftec case (can't recall a model name :/)
Samsung WriteMaster CD-DVD recorder

Bought it on december 2007. Of course, it's hard for it not to work really nicely two months after the purchase. Even though I assembled it all by myself... and didn't even mess anything up.

NOTEBOOK
Toshiba, forgot which model it was. x/
Current status: Fully functional, although boots up and works slower than it used to.
AMD Athlon (?) ~2.2 GHz single core processor
1GB of RAM
Radeon xpress 256 MB RAM gfx
Integrated (probably) sound card
80 GB HDD

Sorry for lack of details, I really don't use this one often.

PERIPHERALS & OTHER STUFF
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speaker set - offers pretty decent music quality
Some old Creative 2.0 speakers
Headphones my dad gave me a long time ago. I'm not even sure who made them, but even though they are approximately 9 years old by now, they still work perfectly.
Crappy headset for my notebook
Livebox TP router
MiNT standard keyboard (been using it for about six-seven years. Works great.)
Another standard keyboard by WinSoft (?)
Logitech G5 mouse
Hama compact mouse
A4Tech standard ball mouse
Cheap webcam
Daytek 755DF 17'' CRT monitor. Still works well after 5 years.
LG Flatron forgot-which-model-it-was 17'' CRT - I've been using that monitor along with the Daytek one for dual screen mode until it broke in late 2007, after about 6 or 7 years of service - R.I.P.
OptiView II 15 A 15'' CRT
HP DeskJet 690C printer - old stuff...
Lexmark X2310 series printer/scanner
Samsung ML-2010 PR mono laser printer
PRETEC 1GB pendrive
Kingston DataTraveler II 2GB pendrive

That's all, I guess...
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.