Author Topic: Mystic Prophecy  (Read 2698 times)

Offline nightmarexm

• "There's poo [b]everywhere[/b]!"
Mystic Prophecy
« on: January 12, 2008, 10:13:14 pm »
Do you like your riffs fast-paced and heavy? Do you like your vocals with a nice smattering of epic? Do you like.... aw, what the hell, I'll just say this: MYSTIC PROPHECY KICKS ASS. They're not for everyone, but those who like dark power-thrash will probably like these guys.
http://www.mysticprophecy.com/

I'd like to say more, but I'll leave you to judge them. My opinion is... a bit biased.
Quote from: Alix__
roberts a weather reporter for his towns local tv channel!
"AND NOW THE STORM HAS GROWN OUT OF CONTROL! with a little sunshine in the later hours"

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Mystic Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 02:48:00 am »
omg.
I love that shit. Reminds me of candlemass *dreams of the 90's metal scene*

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:13:03 pm »
The first albums were cool, but the last two ones are just boring, because the band seems to be unable to evolve :/
-sorry about this new post-

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »
The singer kinda reminds me of Rob Halford, in a good way.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline nightmarexm

• "There's poo [b]everywhere[/b]!"
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:00:30 pm »
The first albums were cool, but the last two ones are just boring, because the band seems to be unable to evolve :/
Oddly enough, I feel the opposite way about them. Their first three albums were a bit boring, but their latest two are amazing. In my opinion, anyway.
Quote from: Alix__
roberts a weather reporter for his towns local tv channel!
"AND NOW THE STORM HAS GROWN OUT OF CONTROL! with a little sunshine in the later hours"

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 10:28:45 pm »
Oddly enough, I feel the opposite way about them. Their first three albums were a bit boring, but their latest two are amazing. In my opinion, anyway.

When have you discovered them ?
-sorry about this new post-

Offline Darkz0r-

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:39 pm »
I recall one of their cd's was named "Satanic Curses". It kinda made me laugh.  :D I thought it would be something really tough, men growling in their leatherpants, but no. Went through the album a couple times, but it really didn't hit me.
"Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces,  and their pregnant women ripped open."