Author Topic: Age of Conan  (Read 30323 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Age of Conan
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 09:56:58 pm »
That would be awesome. We need a guild in every game too.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »
I'm pretty much very interested in a trial key...
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 10:38:23 pm »
I'm pretty much very interested in a trial key...

Same here. And the guild thing goes without saying ;)
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Mithrandil

• Poetica
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 08:08:39 am »
If I'm not mistaken, there might be a few guest pass keys with the collectors edition I can pass to some fellow mates :)

This huge game is delivered on 2 DVD's along with 5 guest passes, so you can invite friends to play together with you, at no cost, for a limited time period. 

;)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
I just preordered a collector's edition for myself. I'm such a spontaneous spender.

tomas

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, there might be a few guest pass keys with the collectors edition I can pass to some fellow mates :)

This huge game is delivered on 2 DVD's along with 5 guest passes, so you can invite friends to play together with you, at no cost, for a limited time period. 

;)

theres 5 key in colectors  and 1 in teh regular

Offline Kobi

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:57 pm »
Some of my friends are gonna jum on this game when its released. If there will be trials I might be to.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 08:45:14 pm »
Hmm... As far as I can say from the current stage of the beta, the game could be really awesome, altho the current stability of the game sucks balls. I mean hardcorely sucks balls. My friend is in the beta and its more or less that you stay in loading screen for 3mins, play 5 mins, the game crashes, error report form opens, you try to send it, it crashes, you try to login back, the game crashes and then you need to reboot to get it back to working. And its like this with many many beta testers.

You should have just seen the "technical stress test" which they had a few weekends ago. Around 99% of the testers couldnt log in to the game to actually stress test the merchant system, as was intended.

When you actually get to play, the game takes you right in. The battle system is just jaw-droppingly awesome, especially the melee combat and the "shielding" system. You have these three directional "shields"(as far as I know, you could get more) which you can assign to up, left and right. The better shielded that direction is, the less damage you take from that side. You can see your enemies shields when in combat and hostile monsters and suchs change their shielding depending on where you spank them.

But yes, a trial key would be quite awesome if someone could do that :). I am kinda already signed up to a guild which consists of 90% the same people as the good-old-guild back in WoW. MaSu guild would of course totally rule more :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 01:47:27 am »
Well it should be quite interesting when the bugs have been worked out.

Offline Varys

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 04:54:29 pm »
I am very much interested in seeing how this plays out. Probably not going to get it at launch, though. Will wait abit and see how people say it runs.

And like many others I signed up for the AOC and WAR beta, though I actually have gotten into the WAR one.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 07:17:58 pm »
I am very much interested in seeing how this plays out. Probably not going to get it at launch, though. Will wait abit and see how people say it runs.

And like many others I signed up for the AOC and WAR beta, though I actually have gotten into the WAR one.
How are you liking the WAR one? Im getting quite mixed comments about it all in all.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Varys

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 07:42:26 pm »
It seems quite nice. The combat system felt alittle sluggish at first, but they have been improving it. The pvp systems are nice, you can get experience from killing other players, so it would be possible to level to the highest level solely from pvp. There are outdoor objectives and such in all zones (that I have seen so far) with areas that forces pvp when you are in them, with the possiblity of the different sides holding different zones, eventually even leading up to an attack to an enemy capital.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 02:01:20 am »
I fail to see how this connects to the topic. *nudge*

I still haven't recieved my pre-order code =(
Installed 4gb ocz sli mem today, so now I am ready... I'm just going to OC my cpu to 3.0 and mebbe tweek my 8800gts a bit.

Offline Varys

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 04:59:48 pm »
So, which classes are you people interested in? Myself, I was interested in playing a Lich, but since they scrapped that I'm not sure what seems most interesting. Necromancers seem nice, too. Especially since they supposedly got quite a few of the lich abilities. The whole spellweaving concept seems nice to me, even though I've mainly played melee classes in other online games.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 05:02:35 pm »
I got my code yesterday, got my account and payment details all fixed up now, so I'll only have to DL and start playing as soon as the early access starts.

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 8600GT to something from the 9-series with a bit more memory if I get enough money this month.

As for classes, I really have no idea. I haven't read much about them, really.