Author Topic: Overworld Discussion Thread. Beware for Spoilers!  (Read 53908 times)

Offline cherko

Re: Overworld Discussion Thread. Beware for Spoilers!
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »
Remember, it's MaSu... It starts with "hmm, it's not really any good, you know", and then two weeks pass, something happens, and people go like "I can't stop liznin to this mudrfukn shizzle, omg"

Let it sink in. :)

Actually, I found that this sunk in pretty fast, and lost some of it's edge rather quickly. It's still an excellent album, but I liked Redeemer better.

Oh yeah... The album cover kinda confuses me. I don't see what it has to do with the title of the album, or the album in general.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2008, 11:48:45 pm »
Remember, it's MaSu... It starts with "hmm, it's not really any good, you know", and then two weeks pass, something happens, and people go like "I can't stop liznin to this mudrfukn shizzle, omg"

Actually, I found that this sunk in pretty fast, and lost some of it's edge rather quickly. It's still an excellent album, but I liked Redeemer better.

Oh yeah... The album cover kinda confuses me. I don't see what it has to do with the title of the album, or the album in general.
1. Read the RFID in the barcode
2. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID
3. Read the lyrics to "Truth of Tomorrow"
4. Win!
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2008, 01:19:29 am »

a lot of the lyrics in the album allude to not giving up, not being the same, thinking for yourself, etc.

that barcode on the woman's face on the album cover is a very distopic image (see 1984, Brave New World, We, or more modern day versions such as the movie The Island)
It's how things will turn out if things go the way the conservative, christian, non authority questioning people take over.  We'll have barcodes on us for identification and video cameras in our bedrooms, waking up every morning at 8:00 sharp to stand for the national anthem... etc

the album itself speaks out against this kind of future.

Offline cherko

« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2008, 01:51:15 am »
I understand. But still, the cover is hardly related to the title. Perhaps it means that the members of MaSu have finally left their underground lairs, discovered the world outside... And found chicks? XD

j/k

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2008, 07:53:48 pm »
Are covers often related to the title in a way that's obvious, if at all? Was Deux Ex Machinae's cover related to the title, for example?
DRAMA

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2008, 08:52:04 pm »
I thought I'd get tired of the album, but it's not the case, I listen to Overworld everyday, and it's still awesome, I'm starting to have favorite songs, and songs that I skip once in a while ^^
-sorry about this new post-

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »
Well, the "give it time to sink in" definitely applies. I like many songs more than I did at first, but still can't really get a vibe for Overworld and SiD Icarus. Definite album favorite is Violator.

Overall, my one real "complaint" is the extremely varied tempos, textures, and whatnots that make different songs viable for different moods. I can't just call up the album and play it straight through like I can with more focused works (for instance, the other day I was trying to figure out what I was in the mood for, and eventually settled on the "American Idiot" album).

The one thing I like most about the album is probably testament to my poor artist variation, that being that it's one of 3 albums/collections of songs from one artist, which I feel sounds "right" at its recorded playback rate. On the vast majority of songs in my library, I find myself utilizing the playback rate modifier built in to my SB card and its media center app. to slightly speed up everything. Or, in the case of The Cars, a full 25% speed increase = P. Rather, I actually find that the whole "Overworld" album sounds a little wrong with the speed tweaked. The only other music I have like this is Dragonforce's "Inhuman Rampage" album and the songs I've pulled individually from various stuff by Oomph!.

Also, the solos. I think there's only one song on the CD I feel the solo is out of place with the rest of the song. I can't remember right now which it is, but I'll try and edit this post once I come across it again. Edit: Skin is the song I was thinking of. Not that the solo's BAD - it's not. It just doesn't really fit in with the mood generated by either part of the song.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:10:39 am by Schattenjäger »
Your approval fills me with shame.