Author Topic: Overworld album reviews  (Read 73958 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re: Overworld album reviews
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2008, 01:50:40 am »
My favourite song would probably be Skin because of that asian flute thingy. What is it called anyway?

If it's the same as in Oki Kumas Adventure, I guess it's shakuhachi.

I wants one. If Picard can make time to learn to play a flute while captaining a starship, I can to!
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2008, 02:02:28 am »
My favourite song would probably be Skin because of that asian flute thingy. What is it called anyway?

If it's the same as in Oki Kumas Adventure, I guess it's shakuhachi.

I wants one. If Picard can make time to learn to play a flute while captaining a starship, I can to!

Ditto. I'm seriously consider buying one and learning to play as soon as I have the money to spare for it (they b rather expensive, tho :P)
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

MDX

« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2008, 02:40:46 am »
Thank you, and from the hype i have seen, i look forward to my copy coming :) :) :)

Nice order MDX... don't expect the sid station though.  ;) And I guess the shipping on the keyboards would cost an awful lot.  :)

Hmph! Order cancelled!  >:D Yes well im plentiful in keyboards, but thank you for the kind thought Gordon. Just list the things i should get to easily achieve a great and easily modifiable SID sound, and all will be well. Failing that. The album should help me in my journey to SIDopia.

Offline skull

« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2008, 12:20:49 pm »
am I the only one who thinks Sid icaurs, although not strong, was well put together with lyrics? I mean is hard to put lyrics to a song that was designed as an instrumental, but rob did a good job with the lyrics there

it maybe not as strong as the rest of the album but it isnt a huge letdown

Hmm...can't really tell my opinion just yet. But first impression was... a little disappointment  :-X and no, not because of amount of SiD or something like that. IMO there simply wasn't any really memorable songs (like I Know the Reaper, TTLG, Elite, Reanimator, Oki Kuma, Rogue World Asylum, whole DXM etc...) that really hit you from the very beginning.

So far rockin' to Edge and Pearl. Skin sounds awesomely epic until the fast part hits in (OK, I got it off my chest now)

BUT I do like the way Rob has grown as a vocalist  :)

hmm, no songs at the star that arnt memorable? sorry I would have to isagree. 1st song I heard was truth of tomorrow, it actully hit me an made me go wow, then came vilator, and boy that hit me

I woulnt say the songs dont catch you, caus imo they do. then again, thats my own view and not everyone thinks alike

as for skin, you'll get used to that fast part :P

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2008, 12:39:02 pm »
I still think Sid Icarus is one of the strongest songs on the album. It's just... mad energy!

Offline skull

« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2008, 02:27:12 pm »
I still think Sid Icarus is one of the strongest songs on the album. It's just... mad energy!

it keeps growing on me, like cancer, I cant advoid the track anymore, not the best track on the album but perhaps just missing top 5

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2008, 11:20:33 pm »
I prefer DXM myself, but then that's for personal reasons (this album has played an important role in my life, hence why I love MS so much ;] ). Overworld is a brilliant album that will be playing in my cd player for a long time. The band has evolved, everythings getting better and the legion of fans is increasing everyday. Can't wait to put my hands on the CD itself! *waits by the mailbox*

See, THIS is a good argument! Stating that you like DXM more, because of personal reasons! Nice! :D

I would +1 you if I knew HOW! >_>

Hey, i'm sorry but i have to reply to this post.

What I said there is that I like DXM better than Overworld, but that it's not a rule, i'm not saying that dxm is better because of the songs themselves, but rather i like it more because of my personal life. in other words, in an unbiased review i'd say that overworld is the best machinae album so far (even if they're all great albums). now if you really want to know, dxm helped me getting over a sad moment in my life with it's bright lyrics and sound.

You misunderstood me. I didn't say that you thought DXM was better, I just restated that you like DXM more, for personal reasons. I praised your way of thinking, because people like to say that the old stuff was better and then give a bad reason, unlike you. I didn't have to know all the information, but still. :P

The +1 was for karma. :)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline rafael.pereira

• My DeviantART page
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2008, 03:46:35 pm »
Oh, I misunderstood you, indeed, sorry  ;D

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2008, 07:01:11 pm »
Nobby approves of overworld.
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Skorpinox

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2008, 09:07:24 pm »
I still can't stop listening to this album 24/7

Offline Carstuar

• Violator
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2008, 01:38:49 am »
Sold my soul to santa and pre-ordered Overworld tonight!
Now I don't feel so bad about having downloaded it, and I'm looking forward to having my very own copy.  :angel:

I must admit that I prefered the gems in Webography above almost any song from the two previous albums, but Overworld is great. Every song gives me the awesome feeling of power and control that I get when I put Hero or Arcade on.
My personal favorites: Violator, Stand, Radio Future, Overworld and Sid Icarus (I already loved Flight of the Toyota and Megascorcher from JNG)

9/10
I seek only where to find you

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2008, 05:08:47 am »
Now I don't feel so bad about having downloaded it, and I'm looking forward to having my very own copy.  :angel:

I must admit that I prefered the gems in Webography above almost any song from the two previous albums, but Overworld is great. Every song gives me the awesome feeling of power and control that I get when I put Hero or Arcade on.
My personal favorites: Violator, Stand, Radio Future, Overworld and Sid Icarus (I already loved Flight of the Toyota and Megascorcher from JNG)

9/10

That is why you mix it ALL together! ginormous playlist of all Machinae gives you a plentiful variety of different styles of SID Metal. I have always had troubles when ordering stuff online, I hope this shipment doesn't mess up like all the others :/

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2008, 03:31:07 pm »

9/10

That is why you mix it ALL together! ginormous playlist of all Machinae gives you a plentiful variety of different styles of SID Metal.

QFT! ^_^
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Goshawk

• England damnit.
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2008, 09:53:29 pm »
I don't get why there's no news of this all on the MaSu site? :/

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »
I don't get why there's no news of this all on the MaSu site? :/

They're doing a complete overhaul of the site for the new album. It's been mentioned here a couple of times.