Author Topic: Overworld album reviews  (Read 72303 times)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Re: Overworld album reviews
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2008, 11:42:26 pm »
hold up.
weren't you the one bitching about peoples inability to wait for the actual cd? :P

Who the hell are you? Mr Fscking Memory Man?!!!

Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't remember :P
I blame Magicman for scaring me into it. And yes, I'm a weak MaSu fan like the rest of you now.

JOIN USSS

I is waiting for mah CD :D
I tend to torrent Albums, but usually only AFTER they are released, just so the day after i DL it i can actually go out and purchase it and listen to the full-lossless quality.

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2008, 11:59:03 pm »
Uh?

There's no SID on Edge and Pearl, only keyboards.

I wonder if it isn't SID used differently as it uses to be.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2008, 12:36:44 am »
Uh?

There's no SID on Edge and Pearl, only keyboards.

I wonder if it isn't SID used differently as it uses to be.

It really sounds like keyboards to me but I can be wrong, as the quality of the song on the rip is not the best one.
-sorry about this new post-

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2008, 12:37:50 am »

*Note: Unfinished.

EDIT: To spite Harvey
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:50:47 am by laser »

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2008, 12:39:04 am »
How long did it take you to make that? :P

And you forgot to change the top. >>
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2008, 12:45:57 am »

20 mins

And did you see the note?

Lysix

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:01 am »
It really sounds like keyboards to me but I can be wrong, as the quality of the song on the rip is not the best one.

does it really bloody matter?
SiD, keyboard patches, whatever. its still damn well incorporated into the song.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2008, 01:37:11 am »

20 mins

And did you see the note?

;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2008, 02:32:35 am »
does it really bloody matter?
SiD, keyboard patches, whatever. its still damn well incorporated into the song.

zomg... the win again!
The song>The sid

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2008, 06:56:53 am »
For crying out loud, Xarion would you just quite fucking bitching? Ok we get the point that some people hate the album and/or the video. Ok, you've made that clear. Now go get back in your kennels, all of you. You've got nothing else constructive to post except "waaah needs moar sid".

As Gaz has pointed out, every single fucking album that gets released someone's disappointed,. or let down, or wants to have a whinge about the Sid. I mean what songs are you listening to? I can hear Sid? In all that bullshit you've been spreading everywhere lodged inside your ear canals?

There's nothing -wrong- with being critical and saying "Well this bit here doesn't sound quite right because ________ (enter phrase that doesn't involve the words "needs", "more" and "sid")", however to sit there and say "Well this album sucks because it's nothing like the last one and it's crap and it's missing everything and theres not enough sid".... you get my point. Nothing you're saying is helpful to the band. In fact you've managed to get Gaz on edge, who happens to be the most easy going guy I know. Do you feel proud?

They work hard on their music. To develop it, and help it grow. They work hard on their videos with what little budget they have. They do it to get their foot in the retail door, and they've succeeded and will continue to succeed, with or without you. If you hate Machinae Supremacy's perceived "new" sound, then why all means leave. You wouldn't be the first who have, and you will probably not be missed.

If I so much as sniff the phrase "Need's more SID" in any context other than humour, I will charge right back here with another lecture.

Chill the fuck out.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:08:01 am by Dimruthien* »
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline HackNeyed

• Inside these walls we wait
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:52 am »
Needs More Orchestral!

But yeah, other then that little nit pick, personally I think it is a great album! I can hardly wait for my preorder to come! Normally for MaSu I wouldn't be listening to it until I have it in hand but I won't be seeing my girl for '6 half a months' and NEED some cheer... now.

Anyway I think Overworld is great and is a much easier listen then Redeemer was in either edition as Redeemer on a whole is still growing on me. I wouldn't say Overworld tops DXM but it feel's more like a matured follow up to DXM with plenty of good Redeemer influences cleaned up to stay within DXMs cleaner sound. If that makes any sense. The Web releases will always hold the most special place for me but DXM is the Album for which I will compare all others. I already have great hopes for the next album since my hopes for this album have been quite satisfied. Sure they can always use more SiD but this album is finely balanced for a clean rock and SiD sound that I don't think I'd change much even if I could...

I hope they keep changing and sounding fresh and that for the NEXT album they keep one more item in mind... Needs More Orchestral. :D hehe

Just my thoughts,
Andrew
While we wait for them to rise
In this world of sickened pleads
No matter where you run to...
The living dead will find you!
"March of the Undead" Trilogy

Offline Kehe

« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2008, 11:14:55 am »
For crying out loud, Xarion would you just quit fucking bitching?

Now go get back in your kennels, all of you. Youve got nothing else constructive to post except waaah needs moar sid.

As Gaz has pointed out, every single fucking album that gets released someones disappointed,. or let down, or wants to have a whinge about the Sid. In all that bullshit youve been spreading everywhere lodged inside your ear canals?

I will charge right back here with another lecture.

Chill the fuck out.

i for one think overworld has just the right amount of sid, but i must admit i was dissapointed that the song they chose to make into a video was one with no sid. however this might lure more people into liking machinae, i still wouldve preferred a more sid-heavy and proud song for the video.
Kehehehe

Offline skull

« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2008, 01:04:20 pm »
For crying out loud, Xarion would you just quite fucking bitching? Ok we get the point that some people hate the album and/or the video. Ok, you've made that clear. Now go get back in your kennels, all of you. You've got nothing else constructive to post except "waaah needs moar sid".

As Gaz has pointed out, every single fucking album that gets released someone's disappointed,. or let down, or wants to have a whinge about the Sid. I mean what songs are you listening to? I can hear Sid? In all that bullshit you've been spreading everywhere lodged inside your ear canals?

There's nothing -wrong- with being critical and saying "Well this bit here doesn't sound quite right because ________ (enter phrase that doesn't involve the words "needs", "more" and "sid")", however to sit there and say "Well this album sucks because it's nothing like the last one and it's crap and it's missing everything and theres not enough sid".... you get my point. Nothing you're saying is helpful to the band. In fact you've managed to get Gaz on edge, who happens to be the most easy going guy I know. Do you feel proud?

They work hard on their music. To develop it, and help it grow. They work hard on their videos with what little budget they have. They do it to get their foot in the retail door, and they've succeeded and will continue to succeed, with or without you. If you hate Machinae Supremacy's perceived "new" sound, then why all means leave. You wouldn't be the first who have, and you will probably not be missed.

If I so much as sniff the phrase "Need's more SID" in any context other than humour, I will charge right back here with another lecture.

Chill the fuck out.

+1, If you (those "need moar SID" people) think you can make an album with more SID, then stop bitching and do it

Jesus MaSu are a godsend, you rarely get a band with a soud like this, and yet people dont like it. MaSu cannot make an album with everyones taste

I guess its true, you can only keep 49% of the peeps happy

now can we all have a cup of "shut the fuck up" and just enjoy the album/rip/waiting for the CD

Needs More Orchestral!

sig'ed just caus its funny

Lysix

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2008, 01:20:35 pm »
i for one think overworld has just the right amount of sid, but i must admit i was dissapointed that the song they chose to make into a video was one with no sid. however this might lure more people into liking machinae, i still wouldve preferred a more sid-heavy and proud song for the video.

you QUOTED dims post, yet you still managed to make a note about the lack of sid in the video.
congratulations.
i'm starting to think that having any sort of open minded opinion in this thread or hell, this entire board altogether, is a bad idea. it's not so bad out of album release time, but when it comes to moments like this it just gets messy to an extreme. ]:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:30:31 pm by Lysander »

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2008, 03:24:12 pm »

you QUOTED dims post, yet you still managed to make a note about the lack of sid in the video.
congratulations.
i'm starting to think that having any sort of open minded opinion in this thread or hell, this entire board altogether, is a bad idea. it's not so bad out of album release time, but when it comes to moments like this it just gets messy to an extreme. ]:

Dude's epic, Lysander, he doesn't have to make sence.
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D