Author Topic: Overworld album reviews  (Read 75796 times)

Offline cloudstrifex

Re: Overworld album reviews
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2008, 08:57:50 pm »
I don't get why people keep saying it's low quality. The version I got is 80 mb and it sounds perfect. I did see another one that was 60 mb though but luckily I didn't get that (if it was even real). And people it's not that hard to find. If you can't use a search function then don't bother asking where to get it.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2008, 09:22:56 pm »
I don't get why people keep saying it's low quality. The version I got is 80 mb and it sounds perfect. I did see another one that was 60 mb though but luckily I didn't get that (if it was even real). And people it's not that hard to find. If you can't use a search function then don't bother asking where to get it.

Oh yeah, I have that one too, but the SID is still a bit off. :(
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
it is jsut some parts in few songs that are fcked up in the rip its high quality but lousy rip.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2008, 09:35:50 pm »
it is jsut some parts in few songs that are fcked up in the rip its high quality but lousy rip.

Yeah, I agree.. Well, it's not very high, it's a variable speed UP TO 256kb/s, which means that it floats around 256kb/s, only below that though, which means that it tops 256kb/s. That's kinda mediocre IMHO. A 320kb rip is what I will have on my computer when I have the CD.

Wow, too much techno babble. :D
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Flooder

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2008, 09:50:16 pm »
Finally decided register to these forums to celebrate MaSu new album.  :P. Been fan of MaSu since I heard their version of The Great Gianna Sisters game song several years ago. Well back to the topic now. It's great that they are releasing once again new album. Review sounds great and I will buy this album too. Hope we see the new music video really soon.  :)

Offline Lugia010719d1

• I love Machinae Supremacy, WolfenDoom and Pokemon
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2008, 11:10:01 pm »
well for me the quality sounded normal.. but maybe its because i don't have any high quality speakers and i am used to the regular shitty-headphone quality... BTW the 60MB rip is 192kbps and it probably is real, as IND ripped Redeemer too back then.. and the 80MB rip is from FNT, its vbr and its teh real scene stuff (though you won't probably find the release as it came from the scene)

Offline Pixellated

• *Insert something witty here*
    • SE7EN-ZER0-SE7EN
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:37 pm »
I listen to most of my music walking to/from college anyway, the quality of the (80mb version) rip made no difference to me when there's traffic and wind in the background. I'll hopefully be able to get a lossless once we get the CD, anyway =D

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »
I listen to most of my music walking to/from college anyway, the quality of the (80mb version) rip made no difference to me when there's traffic and wind in the background. I'll hopefully be able to get a lossless once we get the CD, anyway =D
Of course you can get a lossless when the cd's out, you will own it, right? ;D

well for me the quality sounded normal.. but maybe its because i don't have any high quality speakers and i am used to the regular shitty-headphone quality... BTW the 60MB rip is 192kbps and it probably is real, as IND ripped Redeemer too back then.. and the 80MB rip is from FNT, its vbr and its teh real scene stuff (though you won't probably find the release as it came from the scene)

I have FNT. It's variable, like I said, but it's still capped at 256kb/s.

Offline nightmarexm

• "There's poo [b]everywhere[/b]!"
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2008, 02:02:59 am »
More comments:
"Conveyer" is one of my favorite songs now. The riffs kick ass and that SID solo was damn tasty.
"Truth of Tomorrow" has some of the best SID lines I've heard from you guys yet.
"Violator" had both awesome riffs and awesome SID, and the lyrics are awesome as well.
"Dark City" was damn epic. End of story.
"Edge and Pearl" was pretty good. Not what I expected though >_>
"Need for Steve" was another favorite of mine.

I haven't heard "Stand" yet, due to the .rar I downloaded having an issue with unzipping the track.
Oh, and don't be mad at me for getting the leak, I had preordered the damn thing 3 days before I even found out about the leak :p
Quote from: Alix__
roberts a weather reporter for his towns local tv channel!
"AND NOW THE STORM HAS GROWN OUT OF CONTROL! with a little sunshine in the later hours"

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2008, 02:06:30 am »
Oh, and don't be mad at me for getting the leak, I had preordered the damn thing 3 days before I even found out about the leak :p

You are forgiven.  ;)

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2008, 02:08:20 am »

You are forgiven.  ;)

Omg Gordon approves once again  ;D

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline irriadin

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2008, 07:19:56 am »

Yeah, I agree.. Well, it's not very high, it's a variable speed UP TO 256kb/s, which means that it floats around 256kb/s, only below that though, which means that it tops 256kb/s. That's kinda mediocre IMHO. A 320kb rip is what I will have on my computer when I have the CD.

I've got Redeemer ripped in .flac format. Makes the album around 500 MB, but it's worth it. I'll be doing the same for Overworld once it gets to me.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2008, 08:38:06 am »

I've got Redeemer ripped in .flac format. Makes the album around 500 MB, but it's worth it. I'll be doing the same for Overworld once it gets to me.

Do you mean that you will rip it or download it?

Because downloading it again when you can rip it yourself seems kinda... pointless, imo. :P

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2008, 09:02:12 am »

I'm the same. It doesn't sound too bad to me because I don't have excellent headphones or audio card. *shrug* It'll do.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline irriadin

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2008, 03:29:17 pm »

Do you mean that you will rip it or download it?

Because downloading it again when you can rip it yourself seems kinda... pointless, imo. :P

Oh, I will be ripping it from the cd. That way I know the quality is lossless for certain.