Author Topic: Overworld album reviews  (Read 73953 times)

Offline JariWolf

• Rabid MaSu fan wolf
    • Machine Animal @ Last.fm
Re: Oveworld album reviews
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 10:43:15 pm »
Well I'm gonna start and do the first one.

Overworld as an album is the best machinae has done ever it has something to everything. really awesome guitar solos and riffs, evil bass lines and awesome drums and of course the sid supports the songs perfectly. Also there is some points I dont want to spoil you so I´ll keep some of the stuff in dark. So lets get started

1. Overworld
The title song for the album has very nasty guitar riffs and nice sid line to support the elements it hard to compare it to any old machinae song because its different but if i would have to say something i would say ttlg and rise mixed together in some weird blender using way to create something awesome.

2. Need for Steve
Yes the Steve saga continues and the song is one of the best ones in the album. The song has one nasty cool bass line and everything else in this song is just awesome it aint a heavy song but its perfect. If I have to compare this to songs also I would say old steve songs has something same but this one is the best steve song so far.

3. Edge and Pearl
This song hits you like a damn express train. It gives you the adreline rush you just want to go crazy when you hear it. the guitars are MEAN the song is MEAN MEAN MEAN MEAN. compare to old machinae songs i would have to say the evilness comes from empire and then the rest comes from the creative minds of robert and jonne.

4. Radio Future
My personal favorites. Machinae goes POP! ;) Okay a joke but this song is something different and it is just awesome it somehow brings david bowie in my mind somehow but in a good way. It is still a metal song but i has nice pop elements in it and it just takes you away with you and before you notice you are singing the chorus. have to compare this song i cant say it has something that tempus fugit and throttle and mask had

5. Skin
This song will make you jaw drop on the floor and eyes pop out from your head and you gonna yell WOW and i wont say why you have to listen it yourself. This song is just something awesome and it made me cry when i heard it first time because it shows how much the band has evolved in the years. You cant even compare this to any old machinae song. Also my personal favorites

6. Truth Of Tomorrow.
I had hard to adjust this track after the hard songs at the starts but it is a strong track and very good one. i would compare this song to   tempus fugit and throttle and mask + a martini shaker :D

7. Dark City
Again something awesome came out from the dark north everything is awesome guitars, singing, bass, drums, etc... This song will make you sing so loud that you dont even notice it. Hard to even say anything about it cos then i would spoil you guys and girls. Also I cant compare this song to the old machinae songs

8. Conveyer
Great song also had problems to start to adjust to the song but then when i got into it the song took me away and i started to love it.

9. Gimme more
Do I have to say anything about this one anymore? great cover song.

10. Violator
This song will violate your mind with a hard tempo metal song. has evil guitars :D

11. Sid Icarus
Remake of the flight of the japanese car ;) Very good song with very good lyrics i wont say anythng about the structure because then I would take the fun out from you guys.

12. Stand
Again something amazing awesome way to end the album with and song that is something out of this world again. You have to hear it you cant say how it sounds because its again something new.

In overall the guys made an album that is very fresh and different. They just created a masterpiece if would say points on a scale 1-10 i would say 9.5/10.

In a side note damn writing this was hard and prolly you ppl wanna kill me even more after this.  :-X

Thanks Mumppis :)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 10:47:47 pm »
It's never good to raise the expectations too high. But mummpis tried.  ;D

It's a darn good album anywho... But as we say in Sweden "Taste is like a butt... divided".

(Did that work in english??)
I heard that first from Lori Finstruth. Is she swedish too?

Maybe even better guitarist than jonne.. :o

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 11:37:46 pm »
I didn't read it :) so I won't die from wanting the album, only suffer the normal hype ;)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 12:23:38 am »
Ofc, this thread is only for mumppis' own ego boost. As a side effect, I'm all hyped up!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 12:44:15 am »
btw, whats oveworld?

Offline pefuskat

• ain't that l33t
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 01:05:03 am »
btw, whats oveworld?

ya what the hell are you people talking about  ??? ;D

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 01:06:21 am »
It's something between an oven and a lord.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:09:06 am by yasiekk »

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:01 am »
There is a typo in the topic.
Captain obvious awayy!

haha funny pic

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline pefuskat

• ain't that l33t
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 03:39:00 am »
oh ok i get it now

amazing pic though

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:18 am »
What I like with mumppis, since he said he had Overworld, is the new vision I have of his sig.
Looking at his face smiling with this "I've already heard Overworld, and not you, ah ah ah" in his smile... it changed my life.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 03:52:58 am »
You punched him in his smug face and got locked up for assault?
DRAMA

Offline lucmat

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:34 am »
(Quote from the overworld info thread, page 17)
We were originally working on 15 songs for the album. We had the idea for them, and we began recording them.

Sadly, two of them we didn't even finish because we realized they weren't very good. By excluding them, we get a better album all the way through. I know some of you want MOAR MOAR MOAR but trust me, this decision saves you from something you really did not need (and that is less-than-good masu songs).

Now, obviously it was suggested that we DO finish them, and make them site releases, but I kind of got sick of them because we worked so hard and those song had the odacity to suck after all that work. :) So I'd rather do something completely new for the site, but we'll see whenever that happens.

Now, with the 13 songs that remain, I feel that we have an uber album coming. Atm it looks like 55-56 minutes of music, the 13 songs we have. Not bad at all, imo.

I've started doing some sort of songname list (including 50-60% of the songs) with short descriptions of the lyrics/theme and what previous machinae song(s) they remind me of. I'll put that up here in November or so, to give you an idea of what it might sound like.

I'm still waiting for it...
But mummpis review is good as well. The only negative thing: He says: Every song is amazing! But thats a fact, that we already know. There aren't bad Machinae songs on this Planet (imo)!
Greetz, lucmat

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
It's never good to raise the expectations too high. But mummpis tried.  ;D

It's a darn good album anywho... But as we say in Sweden "Taste is like a butt... divided".

(Did that work in english??)
I heard that first from Lori Finstruth. Is she swedish too?

Maybe even better guitarist than jonne.. :o

From Wikipedia : "Lori Linstruth is a virtuosa guitarist. She currently resides in Kronoberg, Sweden."
Yes, she is awsome.

And mummpis; schhhhh!
Nah, great review.

Offline tetsuo2040

• Death From Above!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 08:21:50 pm »
Why, Mummpis?

Why on earth would you do such a thing?

Offline pefuskat

• ain't that l33t