Author Topic: Sidology Ep. 3 on Guitar Hero  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
Sidology Ep. 3 on Guitar Hero
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:18:19 am »
This is a vid of a really awesome guitar hero chart made by a friend of mine using Sidology ep. 3. Hes also in the process of making Hero and Empire into charts. The video, as you may see, is really crappy since I'm recording it off of Feedback and my screen recorder sucks ass (if anyone who knows of a good free one, I'd like to know) but you get the general idea of how it would look like.

I have the .chart file for anyone who wants to play it or can make a better video thats on guitar hero. Anyway, the link:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2108927ntzM2n5e

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
Re: Sidology Ep. 3 on Guitar Hero
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:43:17 pm »
CamStudio and Fraps is what I use.

They are guuuud. :)

Anyway, that's awesome. Too hard for me though. ;D
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:32 pm »
This is a vid of a really awesome guitar hero chart made by a friend of mine using Sidology ep. 3. Hes also in the process of making Hero and Empire into charts. The video, as you may see, is really crappy since I'm recording it off of Feedback and my screen recorder sucks ass (if anyone who knows of a good free one, I'd like to know) but you get the general idea of how it would look like.

I have the .chart file for anyone who wants to play it or can make a better video thats on guitar hero. Anyway, the link:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2108927ntzM2n5e

crazyness...i should send this to a few peopel i know who are into GH heavily

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:02:41 am »
Woops nevermind I didn't watch the vid so I assumed you meant it was hacked onto GHII. Which program was that btw? I've been wanting to get Frets on Fire or another Guitar Hero client for the PC but I'm not really sure which one is the best. Any opinions? Also, do you just have to put the chart + song in a folder and you can play the song?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 04:33:23 am by cloudstrifex »

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:52:36 am »
The programs called Feedback and you can only use it to view chart files. You can't play songs, but you can view chart files with theme.

If you want a Freeware GH clone, FoF is the way to go, otherwise, GH3 for PC just came out, but I wouldn't get that unless you don't have the game anyway.

And yes, just the chart and song in the same folder and your set.  ;)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:56:25 am »
Well I just downloaded this clone called Guitar Zero and it looks a lot like Guitar Hero, more so than FoF. I heard strumming doesn't work though but I don't have my guitar at my house right now so I wont be able to tell until tomorrow.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 05:56:22 pm »
Well I just downloaded this clone called Guitar Zero and it looks a lot like Guitar Hero, more so than FoF. I heard strumming doesn't work though but I don't have my guitar at my house right now so I wont be able to tell until tomorrow.

Well, FoF isn't SUPPOSED to look like Guitar Hero, just play like it.
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:47 pm »

Well, FoF isn't SUPPOSED to look like Guitar Hero, just play like it.

Well obviously. :P

It works alright though. The timing window on FoF is way higher than GH in my opinion. Guitar Zero is easier because it's basically Guitar Hero but there's a little bit of a lag. It's alright though because I "acquired" GH3 for PC. :D