Author Topic: New releases of 2008  (Read 23019 times)

Offline cherko

New releases of 2008
« on: January 02, 2008, 03:15:00 am »
This thread is basically for sharing information about 2008 releases that you are looking forward to.

Overworld, as you all know, will be released in February. I trust everyone here is looking forward to it.
Ayreon's new album, 01011001, will be released in January. It has already leaked and it's awesome, I'm buying it.
Stratovarius is releasing their 12th studio album sometime this summer.
Children of Bodom is releasing a new album in April.
Kalmah, Norther and Wintersun will all be releasing new albums.
Opeth will be releasing a new album, and so will Voivod.
Lykathea Aflame is supposedly recording a new album under the name Lykathé, but I don't know if it'll be released in 2008.
Blaze will release a new album.

Those are the releases that I know about, and give a damn about (to hell with Metallica)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: New releases of 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:30:53 am »
Oceansize & Pain of Salvation are supposedly releasing some live dvd's or something, that would be nice! Other than that.. Looking forward to Overworld (of course) and desperate to get my hands on the new Mars Volta album, which if i remember correctly is coming out in january. My most wanted is the new Phantom Planet album which is due out in spring, should be awesome!!

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:32:17 am »
New Meshuggah's album too.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:28:52 am »
New Metallica. Which will probably be crap but what the hell..
DRAMA

Offline cherko

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 04:31:38 am »
I've heard it's supposed to be a return to their trash roots. I've lost faith in Metallica though, even if I did like the first four albums.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:52:24 am »
Thrice is releasing Vols. III & IV of their Alchemy Index concept album, Earth and Air. I can't wait for Earth... lots of clean, instrumental jams and really cool instruments being used. I can't even imagine what air will be like.

As far as I'm concerned, moving from post-hardcore/screamo to becoming an amazing experimental band (they almost sound like Radiohead sometimes) is just plain awesome.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »
Norhter's album is yet to be found on the internet too. It's called N and to my opinion pretty sucks. But ok...
Metallica returning to their trash roots? Don't tell me St. Anger wasn't 'Metallica's return to their raw musical roots' and that it sucked arses. :S
Heaven Shall Burn is coming with a new one too, also te be found on the internet. ^^ It's called Iconoclast and I think it's their second best CD, because I don't like ONE song. For the rest it kicks ass! O0

Offline cherko

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 07:03:16 pm »
Thrice is releasing Vols. III & IV of their Alchemy Index concept album, Earth and Air. I can't wait for Earth... lots of clean, instrumental jams and really cool instruments being used. I can't even imagine what air will be like.

As far as I'm concerned, moving from post-hardcore/screamo to becoming an amazing experimental band (they almost sound like Radiohead sometimes) is just plain awesome.

I had to look into this band after reading your post, and it does sound pretty awesome. I guess Vols. III & IV will be something to look forward to.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 08:34:02 pm »

I had to look into this band after reading your post, and it does sound pretty awesome. I guess Vols. III & IV will be something to look forward to.

If you need a couple of songs to listen to, I'll be happy to put them up for you. :) I saw them live last month, and they exceeded all of my expectations (even when preceded and followed by two terrible bands). They played a song off of Earth for us that they didn't play anywhere else because it was the first time they had been here since a few albums ago, and they wanted to thank the fans. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline cherko

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:39 pm »

If you need a couple of songs to listen to, I'll be happy to put them up for you. :) I saw them live last month, and they exceeded all of my expectations (even when preceded and followed by two terrible bands). They played a song off of Earth for us that they didn't play anywhere else because it was the first time they had been here since a few albums ago, and they wanted to thank the fans. ;D

I know where to find my music. If I like them a lot, I might order an album along with 01011001 when it's released.

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 12:50:22 am »
New disturbed album, First scars on brodway album and hopefully a Slipknot album.
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D

Offline Niccho

• Trying is the first step towards failure
    • -Niccho-
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 02:20:37 am »
Meshuggah, Masu, Textures, Stam1na, Heaven Shall Burn, Dark Suns, YUP and possibly many more but i can't remember them right now

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 04:38:34 am »
listening to the last track of 01011001 now... pretty good stuff, definitely worth getting to this last song, but not as powerful as even avantasia. Makes up for it in originality, i suppose, though the multitude of vocalists reminds me of trans-siberian orchestra and gives it the same feeling of collaboration instead of unity.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 11:32:12 am »
Metronome's new album "High to low electro" in February. Apart from that double win of Metronome and Machinae that's all I'm interested in currently.

Offline danielpsoad-09

• We Come to honor , To Stand Or Die ...
    • MySpace
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 03:52:31 am »
 Machinae Supremacy - Overworld
 P.O.D. - When Angels And Serpents Dance
 Taproot - Our Long Road Home
 Lostprophets - Untitled
 Scars On Broadway - Untitled
 Slipknot - Untitled

That's for the moment.

'' Do you think that you're awake, just because you are? - Elite