Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Game Moders  (Read 12331 times)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Re: Neverwinter Nights Game Moders
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 03:30:10 am »
... hamachi? more like... internet. its not a pain at all if you have it legit :|
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 03:34:19 am »
Nah. Spending money for a game i can also play for free is futile in my eyes.

Offline Lucky

• hXc for MaSu!
    • USA Machinae Fanbase
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 05:41:16 am »
I only have NWN 1 =[ so that's what I'd be playing and moding with. I want NWN2, but I have to check and see if it will even run on my system. WereVolvo your Computer Science skillz would be a great help. I know only basic things with the toolkit, not really anything with the language and such. Oh and Dezo, if you're up for some story building, I was thinking of calling the mod Oki Kumas Adventure, up for a lil co-op writing? Pete (The Destroyer) will be a NPC!

Currently I'm working on Oki Kumas Tavern. I thought that'd be a cool place to start out in. And a neat interactive chat area.

.lucky
Machinae Fanbase Network:

http://www.myspace.com/machinae_usa_fans < Add us if you're in the USA!

http://www.myspace.com/int_machinae_fanbase < Add us if you're somewhere besides the USA!

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 06:42:37 pm »
I only have NWN 1 =[ so that's what I'd be playing and moding with. I want NWN2, but I have to check and see if it will even run on my system. WereVolvo your Computer Science skillz would be a great help. I know only basic things with the toolkit, not really anything with the language and such. Oh and Dezo, if you're up for some story building, I was thinking of calling the mod Oki Kumas Adventure, up for a lil co-op writing? Pete (The Destroyer) will be a NPC!

Currently I'm working on Oki Kumas Tavern. I thought that'd be a cool place to start out in. And a neat interactive chat area.

.lucky

I has skillz too. :'( ;D

Well, I think I might be able to help with scripting and such too. I don't really know. :)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 06:00:04 am »

.lucky

NWN2:MotB has Okku, the king of bears, as a NPC party member. My first thought when I saw him was zomg Oki Kuma!

I wouldn't recommend bothering with NWN2 though, particularly for multiplayer. Playing it online makes the single player seem stable in comparison. :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Lucky

• hXc for MaSu!
    • USA Machinae Fanbase
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 06:06:24 am »
Of course Bocom! I'm not leaving you out, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I thought if we could get a kickass Oki Kumas Tavern up online, like a place where we can virtually hang out. That would be a neat start and then creating more after that. Right now I'm still working on the Tavern. I'll post a link to download the mod soon, sort of like a rough draft to run on ya'lls Toolkit to see what you think.

.lucky

http://www.myspace.com/int_machinae_fanbase < Add us if you're somewhere besides the USA!

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 09:47:10 am »
Oki Kumas tavern sounds like a really kewl idea.
We could make quests that begins around the tavern, and mebbe like weave them together to a greater goal in time. That way we don't haf to do big-ass quests in the beginning.
I own both NwN1 and 2, so I'm up for both. Never actually tried the online gameplay tho.

Should we start with a lvl 6 party or do you want to play epic chars from the start?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 10:21:46 am »
could use Machinae songs as quest names and have them tie into the songs somehow

Example:

Return to Snake Mountain - You can already guess...journey to area called "Snake Mountain" (although i have been informed that it is really more of a hill....) yada yada...etc.

Quest: The "Elite"...iono, recover a stolen crown? :P

bah you get the idea :P

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
I'm getting excited about this already :D

If you guys want, I can see about setting up a place for us to hang out online. I know a hosting company with very decent rates (decent enough that I can afford it out of my own pocket... I'll need my own site soon anyway) and with everything from PHP through MySQL and CGI etc supported.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Lucky

• hXc for MaSu!
    • USA Machinae Fanbase
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »

If you guys want, I can see about setting up a place for us to hang out online. I know a hosting company with very decent rates (decent enough that I can afford it out of my own pocket... I'll need my own site soon anyway) and with everything from PHP through MySQL and CGI etc supported.

Wow, you'd do that WereVolvo? That's awesome! And the songs tie ins was what I was hoping to do, good catch. Almost every song has some meaning that we can use in our quests. And think about it: Reanimator < bad guy yes/no? Commands an army of Undead? Hmmm.... w00t dezo! I'm glad you're in too, so. Has everyone registered at nwn.bioware.com? I think....you have to, to play online? Not sure.

.lucky

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 06:17:01 pm »
created forum profile... I'll add the product key tomorrow.. can't be arsed to search for it now =P

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 12:43:55 am »

Wow, you'd do that WereVolvo? That's awesome! And the songs tie ins was what I was hoping to do, good catch. Almost every song has some meaning that we can use in our quests. And think about it: Reanimator < bad guy yes/no? Commands an army of Undead? Hmmm.... w00t dezo! I'm glad you're in too, so. Has everyone registered at nwn.bioware.com? I think....you have to, to play online? Not sure.

.lucky

I had to do it 3 times because they never sent an Email activation link the first couple times...but still, are you guys doing NWN1 or 2?

Lysix

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 01:13:43 pm »
I've got the original NWN, so if you guys are playing that I can join if i'm allowed :)
though i dont have the serial number anymore, that might be a problem for online play.. :/

why do that when i can host it for you, free of charge? honestly!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:17:37 pm by Lysander »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 05:08:29 pm »
Blargh, now I have to buy the game too! X_C

Well, I can download it and try out the Aurora Toolkit and such, and buy it to play online. ;D

Chronologix and Lysander; Yes, it's the original NVM we are modding. :)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 12:39:15 am »
I've got the original NWN, so if you guys are playing that I can join if i'm allowed :)
though i dont have the serial number anymore, that might be a problem for online play.. :/

why do that when i can host it for you, free of charge? honestly!

...because I want an excuse for setting up a site/domain of my own? and having COMPLETE DICTATORIAL CONTROL over it? ;D

<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.