Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3  (Read 3988 times)

MDX

Re: Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 01:52:34 pm »
Rock Band has been getting amazing reviews, so im definitely going to wait... shame it doesnt come out here till after christmas though...

more time to be drunk and merry at crimbo!

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 09:59:51 pm »
The game is awesome, very good tracklist, but this time they set the difficulty even higher. But well they put In Flames in the game, so I guess it's the best game in the world ;D
-sorry about this new post-

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 11:14:16 pm »
The game is awesome, very good tracklist, but this time they set the difficulty even higher. But well they put In Flames in the game, so I guess it's the best game in the world ;D

I personally don't like the tracklist for some reason. Not nearly as good as GH2 imo.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 06:51:06 pm »
I agree that the tracklist isn't as good as GH2... also, the game is too hard for casual play... I used to love having a few beers and a few spliffs with some guitar hero before a night out... now it's to hard if you want to play any of the decent songs 9or if you dont wanna wuss out and play on medium)

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 07:23:01 pm »

I personally don't like the tracklist for some reason. Not nearly as good as GH2 imo.

My personal favorite is the one of GH1, I didn't like the tracklist of GH2 that much, too many weird songs... But hell, in GH3 you have Killswitch Engage, In Flames, and Metallica, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Slayer... All the awesome classics!
-sorry about this new post-

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 10:57:57 pm »

My personal favorite is the one of GH1, I didn't like the tracklist of GH2 that much, too many weird songs... But hell, in GH3 you have Killswitch Engage, In Flames, and Metallica, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Slayer... All the awesome classics!

It probably doesn't help that I don't like any of those bands except Iron Maiden a little bit. Also I don't really think the game is any harder. I play on expert and the only songs I can't pass are Raining Blood and Through the Fire and Flames but you could basically compare those to Six and Jordan, just a little bit harder.

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 04:38:49 am »
General response for GH3 and Rock Band:
Too easy with mostly bad song selection, but still waster (GH3) and am going to waste (rock band) so many hours on them...

IMCO, GH2 was the best related to difficulty and general music selection, as well as just aesthetics. GH3 looked like they pooped it out just for Through the Fire and Flames (of which was most definitely worth it).
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 05:05:41 am »
General response for GH3 and Rock Band:
Too easy with mostly bad song selection, but still waster (GH3) and am going to waste (rock band) so many hours on them...

IMCO, GH2 was the best related to difficulty and general music selection, as well as just aesthetics. GH3 looked like they pooped it out just for Through the Fire and Flames (of which was most definitely worth it).

GH2 had an awesome songlist and was just a little bit better than the first. I really think the only reason GH3 was so popular is what you said: Everyone was waiting for Through the Fire and Flames which was a horrible choice in my opinion because they could've chosen a better power metal band. The songlist just doesn't have any memorable tracks really. The only songs I really like are Stricken, Barracuda, The Metal, Impulse (awesome song btw), and Cliffs of Dover. Whereas GH2 I can play almost every song and not get bored.