Author Topic: Gaming Monthly - December  (Read 13830 times)

Offline Caranfin

Re: Gaming Monthly - December
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55:58 pm »
Dodging IS useful, but why dodge if you a counterattack deals with your opponent immediatly?
Because you can't counterattack when they've broken your guard. The only way to avoid getting hit after an opponent has performed a guard break on you is dodging.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2007, 04:01:59 pm »
Dodging IS useful, but why dodge if you a counterattack deals with your opponent immediatly?
Because you can't counterattack when they've broken your guard. The only way to avoid getting hit after an opponent has performed a guard break on you is dodging.

I know, I know. I'm to assasinate Robert le Sable now, the last one, and I've almost never had to dodge. Using 15 of your throwing knives before swinging your blade once helps too. ;)

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »
Ah, yes, December, the crown jewel of the free gaming time of the year :D. Well, I have been going quite randomly through games, as usual for me. I played some WoW at the start of the month, got bored again, moved to WC3, then some Universe At War, some KotOR2, Crysis, Mount&Blade, some Bioshock thrown in for good measure and then finally and most lately lots of Team Fortress 2 :).

But yes, lots of random playing, getting the hots for some game, playing that, getting bored and then moving to a new game. I really hate the way how I cant finish most games I start :(.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2008, 02:55:59 pm »
First game I played, or attempt to, was Styrateg, but I quit after 10 minutes. Still can't get myself to play that game. xD

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »
First game I played, or attempt to, was Styrateg, but I quit after 10 minutes. Still can't get myself to play that game. xD

Wrong thread! :P And get to the quakenet irc server instead of ircnet!

Oh lawd
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2008, 05:00:32 pm »
Thread lockage and de-stickifaction commencing...