Author Topic: Who can read japanese? (laser i believe is one)  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Pete

Re: Who can read japanese? (laser i believe is one)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 03:14:09 am »
 Where did it 'show this symbol' anyway? Tattoo? Email? Text message? Random note?

Because at the momnt, this doesn't make much sense.

MDX

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 03:15:11 am »
Random note my mate found under her boyfriends pillow, and the girls kinda been a bit obsessive over him, she reckons he might be cheating on her with her.

So i thought i would come to you guys and see what you thot :)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 03:24:15 am »
Random note my mate found under her boyfriends pillow, and the girls kinda been a bit obsessive over him, she reckons he might be cheating on her with her.

Cheating on her with ..her?

Humping her when she's not around?
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 09:40:57 am »
In some forms of magic one puts some symbol or object close to it's target. That magical object can be directed towards magic practicioner itself or towards some, even ignorant, target. Symbol can be written on practically anything. Object can be anything from axe, knife, hair or flower to photo or something. This form of magic beliefs that these artifacts do posses their power through runes, symbols, words or then some spell (or prayer) that is used when object has been put on it's place. Some common examples of this kind of magic are amulets and burying some object under base stone of building. In some cultures it's used to focus an evil eye to someone but usually it's used to sanctify, protect or to get some special abilities.

My bet is that's supposed to be some sort of spell. Of course I don't know what it says but usage of it suggest magical purpose.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

MDX

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 09:44:34 am »
Interesting, thanks gravehill. Yeah gaijin X 's boyfriend is having funky times with this new girl, Y.. (amy) as far as i know.

I will pass this useful information on. So informative.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 10:40:24 am »
 ;D

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 09:24:42 pm »

Hmm, from reading what Gravehill said I would think that even though the drawing itself means nothing, if the person who drew it puts their own meaning into it and belief into its effectiveness then the act of drawing and placing it where they did is quite significant. In other words, it may mean something only to him and by placing it under the pillow he is relying on magic for some purpose.

Pure speculation, of course.