Author Topic: Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead  (Read 6075 times)

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
Re: Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:37 pm »
Your first con contradicts the pros. Malakai and their short burst of songs gives SOAD their character.

I was more more a comment about Soad splitting an albums worth of material over 2 albums..
DRAMA

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »
Your first con contradicts the pros. Malakai and their short burst of songs gives SOAD their character.

I was more more a comment about Soad splitting an albums worth of material over 2 albums..

Okay in which case I agree, they were probably given a deadline by their producers though and couldn't make it through because of writer's block and so just released what they could then finished the rest off. P.S. Chop Suey sucks imo
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline SiM

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:30 pm »
Yes, Serj's new creation is good. Especially Empty Walls and Unthinking Majority. His lyrics is also (IMO) better than new Daron's band's (I would said more complicated), but I considered and decided whether Serj's songs are too... momentary maybe. Who have seen the new video can agree that there are too modern events described: Iraq, Saddam, Israel...

We will stay in minds of people if we sing about more eternal things, or at least a bit more general view on them. And he has described his feels too detailed. Music is not a science. There must be space for different meanings. ???
Россия, Свердловская область, Нижний Тагил, ул. Ленина 59.

А Вы откуда?)))