Author Topic: World Affairs (NOT SEX)  (Read 16511 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World Affairs (NOT SEX)
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 03:23:16 am »
And also, Hillary Clinton is stupid.
And this is news?  8)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 03:25:55 am »
And this is news?  8)

AHH WTF

I SAW YOU EDIT THAT. ;D

And I say it because polls have shown Hillary leading over Obama lately. :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »
And this is news?  8)

AHH WTF

I SAW YOU EDIT THAT. ;D

She's going to win, because she's a publicity whore... has anyone even read her policies she wishes to introduce? Even Obama's is better than hers and he's the pure definition of a 'noob'
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 06:06:42 pm »
And this is news?  8)

AHH WTF

I SAW YOU EDIT THAT. ;D

She's going to win, because she's a publicity whore... has anyone even read her policies she wishes to introduce? Even Obama's is better than hers and he's the pure definition of a 'noob'

Hillary Clinton = status quo

Status quo = bad :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 01:34:00 am »
DOUBLE POST

Heath Ledger died of a drug overdose in New York today. If you don't know who he is, he's the guy playing the Joker in the latest Batman movie (which is in post-production, so it's unaffected). Sucks, because he was a promising actor.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 02:37:43 am »
Whoa shit.

Too bad!   :(

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 02:56:41 am »
DOUBLE POST

Heath Ledger died of a drug overdose in New York today. If you don't know who he is, he's the guy playing the Joker in the latest Batman movie (which is in post-production, so it's unaffected). Sucks, because he was a promising actor.

Heard about that, didn't realise it was an over dose though.

MODERATION PEOPLE (what? was I going to condole the use of drugs or something?)
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 03:24:36 am »
"Moderation" is a word unbeknownst to a majority of celebrities nowadays, unfortunately :(
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 08:42:18 pm »
I read today that Heath actually didn't die of an overdose, but no one seems sure.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 10:39:11 pm »
I read today that Heath actually didn't die of an overdose, but no one seems sure.

Yeah, now I'm hearing that he died of natural causes. But then what about the sleeping pills? Who knows.

Lysix

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:06 am »
more importantly, who cares?
honestly. ive seen facebook groups and shit about mourning this guys death. people closer to us die every single day, yet people would rather pay fake respects to a man they don't even know. golly gosh, he starred in a few films. whoop?

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2008, 12:45:59 am »
honestly. ive seen facebook groups and shit about mourning this guys death. people closer to us die every single day, yet people would rather pay fake respects to a man they don't even know. golly gosh, he starred in a few films. whoop?

I love you for putting words to my thoughts. love you to bits.

have some love butter cookies!
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 01:05:42 am »

Because people are interested in random, mysterious deaths? It's not like everyone in the world is sobbing over it, most people just think it's strange that such a good actor (and apparently wholesome person) just... died. For no apparent reason. On top of that, it's not just an obituary, it's a news story. So it's pretty damn hard to get it out of mind. Is it that hard to imagine people liking a person for giving them entertainment? What if, say, Trent Reznor died?

Who says they're fake respects, anyways?

Lysix

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 01:09:13 am »
Because people are interested in random, mysterious deaths? It's not like everyone in the world is sobbing over it, most people just think it's strange that such a good actor (and apparently wholesome person) just... died. For no apparent reason. On top of that, it's not just an obituary, it's a news story. So it's pretty damn hard to get it out of mind. Is it that hard to imagine people liking a person for giving them entertainment? What if, say, Trent Reznor died?

Who says they're fake respects, anyways?

what you say is a valid point, but far from the truth due to the fact i heard a 13 year old girl going "OH MA GAWD HEATH LEDGERS DEAD I LOVED HIM SO MUCH" earlier today.
and you said it yourself, APPARANTLY wholesome. do we know who he is? i sure dont. and im sure the billion other people posting myspace bulletins about him dont, either.
i simply think that people need to sort out their priorities. thats all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:13:05 am by Lysander »

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2008, 08:21:22 am »
what you say is a valid point, but far from the truth due to the fact i heard a 13 year old girl going "OH MA GAWD HEATH LEDGERS DEAD I LOVED HIM SO MUCH" earlier today.
and you said it yourself, APPARANTLY wholesome. do we know who he is? i sure dont. and im sure the billion other people posting myspace bulletins about him dont, either.
i simply think that people need to sort out their priorities. thats all.

Well... that's the thing. Apparently wholesome. It confuses people that someone believed to be a plain old good actor and not a media-hyper would die from drugs, so they wanna see what's up. And I'm sure there's lots of shows out there looking for some amazing "HEATH LEDGER, DRUGGIE" story, being how the media thrives on that shit.

And it's not so far from the truth. :P Do you see everyone on the bus sobbing, too? Those 13 year olds are the minority.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:12:56 pm by Harvey Danger »